Fotofacial and Refirme for Wrinkles, Pores, and Skin Tightening?

I am considering Fraxel Repair by a dermatologist in Atlanta at the cost of $5,000. I am trying to research as much as I can and have consulted with others about what would be best. My concerns are wrinkles around my mouth, pores, and would like to achieve some tightening all over. Reading the reviews, I'm a little shy about side effects. Would having FotoFacial RF and Refirme with more treatments be just as effective?

Fractional resurfacing: use an Erbium beam!

+2

my recommendation is to stay far away from RF and US energy in the face.  Fractional therapy with frxel will certainly help but is limited by the nature of the old CO2 technology.  A Profractional Erbium laser can deliver deeper more controlled results and has muchnless recovery, redness and potential complications.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Fraxel repair versus Fotofacial RF and Refirme; Are the Results Similar?

+1

Hi Lucy,

Fotofacial and Refirme will not give you the same results as Fraxel repair. Fraxel repair will address your concerns about wrinkles around your mouth, pores, and skin tightening.

Good luck and be well. Please say "hey" to all my friends in Atlanta and at Emory Medical School. Thanks.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD