What type of lift with augmentation would you suggest? (photos)

I am a deflated 34c after 3 children. I would like to be a full c/d, with upper pole fullness. I have had several consultations for breast lift with aug. Each consult has been a little different. Some recommending lollipop lift, some full lift. Some doctors recommending different implant sizes, some saying no that the lift will help correct the asymmetry. It makes it difficult to decide on a plastic surgeon when opinion vary so much. The only thing they have been consistent on is the implants.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants.This technique is avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.Since you are a C and want a full C or D, this procedure would be adequate to provide upper pole fullness without implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Types of breast lifts

+1
Although one cannot see the level of the inframammary crease behind your breasts which is the reference level for where the nipple-areola belongs, it would appear that you need a true lift meaning that you need the breast gland and the attached nipple-areola elevated on your chest and plicated below it. This is actually separate from how the incisions are handled but all of the less than true lifts (donut, periareolar, or crescent) do not allow for real elevation of the breast gland and plication of the lower pole. I would recommend what's called a "vertical" mastopexy, but this can be done like a breast reduction through a lollipop incision without removing any breast tissue. This would make your breasts look bigger like a lifting bra does but would not give you upper pole fullness and forward projection -- only an implant can do that. 
Unfortunately it is difficult to control and predict the result when both elevating and augmenting the breast at the same time. There is also more risk of problems because of the combined effects of two operations done at the same time on the same breast with the augmentation working against what is required for the lift. You might want to consider a proper lift alone and then consider whether you still want the augmentation later. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I completely believe that b having an anchor incision breast lift, you will enhance your breast and give them a great shape.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+1
Based on your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a full lift with implants to replace lost breast volume. A breast lift can definitely improve the asymmetry, and depending on your breast measurements, you may require different sized implants which is not unusual. Almost everyone has slight to moderate asymmetry so it is not uncommon to use different sized implants. I would advise that you consult with a surgeon who has experience with doing this combined surgery and who has before and after photos that you are pleased with. A lift will result in scarring which many patients do not want, but my experience has been that with the newer scar therapies available, this problem can be minimized. I hope this helps and that you find a surgeon you can trust and will be honest with you about the results.

Mark E. Mason, MD

A breast lift with a vertical component plus implants may be your best option

+1
Based on your photograph you will need a breast lift with a vertical component and most likely an anchor lift.  A periareolar breast lift will not provide adequate lifting.  If you want upper pole fullness above your nipple areola a small implant may also be needed.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Determining the type of breast lift

+1
Thank you for your picture. The amount of breast droop that you have requires an anchor type of breast lift plus implants to improve your breast position, size and shape

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

I would offer full lift aith fat grafting for upper pole fullness

+1
There are many options to make your breast look better. There is no right procedure and you will be happy with the results when you find your surgeon that you trust. If you want to be little bigger, I would suggest breast lift(full lift due to your breast tissue position) and fat grafting for upper pole fullness. Please ask for multiple set of pictures during consultation . 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lift with/without implant will be helpful

+1
Thanks for your question and the picture. I can understand your frustration getting different opinions. Hopefully you have learned that there is more than one way to do it. You must look at the pictures of that surgeon's work and see similar people that they have done similar surgeries on. If you want to be larger, then you need an implant. Looking at your picture you appear to have quite a bit of volume and I'm not sure that the implant is necessary. The asymmetry can be corrected by adjusting the two sides. At the end of the day, you have to pick someone that you trust. I would just caution you against going too big. Adding an implant may contribute to neck and back pain that you didn't foresee. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Choosing the Right Breast Lift

+1
Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation and lifts.
The opinions you are getting are actually quite close to each other.
  • If you have a lift, the larger breast can be made a little smaller at the time, reducing the asymmetry. 
  • The implant size can’t be determined from photos – it requires careful measurements and trying on different sizers. 
  • For upper pole fullness, a round implant is better than a shaped one.
  • I am very happy with the ‘lollipop’ approach and avoid the crease incision when I can, because it is the area where scars tend to be poor. 
  • I prefer not to put in different size implants – they have different widths and often do not look as good as one hopes. 
  • As for implant size, a “D” is a size larger than normal, a C is a full normal size. 
  • I suggest in trying on sizers that you keep this in mind because the larger the implant, the more pressure it puts on the lift and the more drooping you will have over time. But – the same woman can fit a B, C or D cup bra, depending on the style – so keep in mind the look you want more than a cup size.                              
Best Wishes.                                                                                                                                                      
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Asymmetric sagging breasts after childbirth needing a lift with or without implants?

+1
First of all, you have a lot of breast tissue and because of that you have to be very careful combining an implant with a breast lift. 90% of your problem will be corrected with the breast lift, which if done correctly has the ability to take most of your breast tissue and elevate it above the infra mammary fold (crease beneath the breast) and fill the superior pole of the breast and give you projection and resemble an implant. If you are hoping for a very full superior pole you may want a small implant to achieve that fullness up high but that is not necessary. Your left breast looks a little larger than your right and the left nipple hangs a little lower than the right. As your nipples are moved up the asymmetry can be corrected. You will benefit from a very tight and full lift that means a scar all the way around your areola, vertically down to the infra mammary fold and then along the infra mammary fold. This is the only way to remove enough skin to tighten the breast and hold it in place long term. The larger the implant you choose the less tight and high the lift will be able to be. 

Judith M. Gurley, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon