What should I get done for my future rhinoplasty? Does my nose look too big for my face? (photos)

Hello. My name is Andrea. I am 14 and this is the size of my nose without smiling or expressions. I have extremely low self confidence and I hate it so much. What should I ask to get done for my future rhinoplasty? And is my nose too prominent for my facial features? Thanks, any honest answers are appreciated.

Teenage rhinoplasty, african american rhinoplasty

+1
Thanks for your question and photos
Based on the pictures, the nose can be reduced artistically so the shape is greatly improved in a natural looking way --without having an operated look.
In our practice, we have done many such rhinoplasty procedures with great success.
A detailed examination and cosultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a great reputation and is expert in rhinoplasty can give you the best results.
best wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

Teenage rhinoplasty

+1

I see many patients that are still in their teenage years. Although rhinoplasty may be a consideration, we usually wait until girls turn 15 and boys turn 16 years of age to make sure the maturity that comes with growth and development as well as judgement in decision making is appropriate. Of course, your parents will have some input into this decision.  
The choice to undergo rhinoplasty is a personal decision made by the patient and upon consultation with a trusted surgeon. A wide nasal bridge can be improved with osteotomies or bone cuts in the nasal pyramid. The crooked nose can be addressed by correcting assymetry in the tip and middle bridge or vault of the nose by using a combination of cartilage spreader grafts, and repositioning the nasal tip in an extension graft. The profile can be smoothed out with a rasp and a small onlay graft if needed. Consulting with a facial plastic surgeon can help to further delineate your concerns.
The size of the nose must match the proportions of the face to give aesthetic balance. When patients consider how big their nose is, they may see a nose that projects too much from the face. The nasal tip should approximate the length between the upper lip and the base of the nose. Appropriate proportions of the size of the nose include nasal length that matches approximately one third of the face from the nasal starting point to the end of the nose. A nasal width that approximates the width of the eye is considered aesthetically ideal. Within these constraints, tip refinement can help shape the lower third of the nose. The thickness of the skin may limit the final result but to a lesser degree than the other changes that I mentioned. Establishing a relationship with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty is recommended.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

What should I get done for my future rhinoplasty? Does my nose look too big for my face?

+1
Hi Andrea,
Usually, with patients that young-- I recommend waiting until you are 17. You're still growing and developing.
With that said-- I believe you will benefit from a rhinoplasty. Your nose will be smaller, more elegant-- in the right hands-- you should have good result. Rhinoplasty is a very unique procedure and you should only go to an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon-- look at his/her Before and after gallery. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

African American rhinoplasty.

+1
African American rhinoplasty will involve narrowing your base, the nostrils and nasal bones while removing the bump. Your rhinoplasty can be done at any time since you are 14 with parental consent. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon,

+1
    If you are concerned about the nose looking too large, the tip, bridge, and alar base can be reduced.