Do fillers work well and which one would give me the results I'm looking for? (Photo)

Im 45 years old. I feel the skin around my mouth and lower face is sagging a bit. I feel I'm too young for a face lift and would like suggestions on procedures that would give me the results I'm looking for.

Sagging skin lower face

+1
There are many non-surgical options to improve the appearance of your lower face. The sagging of the lower face is usually the result of volume loss of the upper face/cheek areas. Filler, such as Voluma, would work well to give you a lift and replace the volume you have lost. Fillers around the mouth/chin area will give support and smooth out this area. Additionally, lasers can be helpful to improve the texture/tone/color of the skin. I would also recommend a good skin care regimen to get the most benefit from these treatment modalities. Please consult with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment. Best wishes.

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower face

+1
Hi,
There are non-surgical options available for lower face-rejuvenation, Which would include skincare, laser facial treatment, or fillers. Sagging of the lower face is usually a result of Gravitational descent and volume deflation. It would be best to have a consultation with an experienced facial surgeon to determine the best treatments for you. 
Sincerely,
Dr. Amato

Malena Amato, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sagging Skin Around the Mouth

+1
Hi Betsy.  Thanks for your question.  Heaviness in the lower face is the result of the tissue moving downward as we age.  There are a few ways of correcting this and you have ruled out surgery as one at this time, so we would move onto dermal fillers.  

Dermal fillers provide volume in the skin where it has been lost because of the aging process.  We typically lose about 1 teaspoon of facial volume every year after about 30-35 years old.

There are several dermal fillers we would consider.  Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse and Sculptra would all be possibilities.  The first three can all be used if we were injecting directly into the nasolabial folds (around the nose and mouth).  But instead if we chose to work up at the cheeks and replace volume there to provide lift to resolve the issue around the mouth and chin, we would likely stick to Radiesse or Sculptra.  

The choice of product has to do with the area of the face, your budget, how long you want to the product to last and how quickly you want to see results.  Find a skilled injector in your area to get their idea of how to help and take a look at the before and after photos of Los Angeles dermal filler patients with the same issue.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fillers Around the Mouth

+1
I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  A combination of fillers, fractional laser, and ultherapy or thermage for skin tightening will be helpful.  But you will need these combinations over time to help prevent long term aging and treat your current concerns.  Best, Dr. Emer.