Will 500cc still look Natural? (photo)

I am scheduled for my BA March 7th and the surgeon and I have decided on 500cc Mentor Memory Gel implants placed under the muscle. I currently am a 34B or C I am 5'2 110 lbs with a lean frame. Can I get 500cc implants without getting what I call "Barbie Boobs"?

BBA

+2
You need to be examined in person to determine this. It depends on your dimensions. See a BC PS in your area. 

Breast augmentation size

+2
In my own practice we keep silicone gel implants of all sizes available for patients to try on in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because under the muscle implants tend to lose some projection, but because my patients look it actual implants on their frame I find it the most helpful.
I encourage my patients to bring a friend or friends for a second or third opinion, and to bring a few different shirts.
I suggest as you look at implants you think about the relationship between the width of the breast and the width of the shoulders and hips. Two wide will make you look top heavy, too narrow will make the breasts look like torpedoes. I personally like to see the outer curve the breast have balance with the curve of the hip.
Once we hone in on the right diameter we then look at the projection of the breast which changes the cup size. At the correct diameter we can use a high moderate or low profile implant depending upon the patients goals.
Depending upon the starting situation, and the degree of droop we adjust accordingly.
Photographs of your goals are helpful, but they don't always tell the whole story. They don't always let you know a height and width of the entire patient.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

500 cc's. Will they look natural?

+2
Reviewing your pictures suggest that a 500 mL implant would be necessary to fill the skin envelope you present with. On a 5 foot to 110 pound frame, these , in my experience would be, much too large. Once again, this is the time for a hands-on assessment. Without further feedback from you, the patient, recommendation would be for smaller size implants and a breast lift, to reduce the skin envelope. Let me reiterate, these are the kind of recommendations and decisions that unequivocally require further interaction between the operating surgeon and patient.

James R. Benjamin, MD
Bowie Plastic Surgeon

500 cc implants

+2
500 cc is pretty large (enormous) for someone as petite as you are. I rarely put implants this large in anyone the first time, and that person would have to be large framed and a bit heavy.

After struggling the last time I put in 500cc implants I've decided to never do that again unless they are having a step up procedure from a smaller size that's allowed their tissues to stretch out and relax.

How you chose your implant size is of interest... Did you try sizers in a bra? You might be surprised how they look and feel on you.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Will 500cc still look Natural?

+2
Thank you for the question and picture. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. In your case spend more time with him/her until you feel comfortable with his/her understanding your goals.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” or "barbie boobs" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.
I hope this (and the attached link) help.

500 cc too big

+1
At size 34 B or C each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 500 cc implants would take you up 5 cup sizes to a size H, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What size should I choose for a breast augmentation.

+1
Thanks for the question. I am always more concerned about the shape of the breasts rather than the size of the implants, and I feel you should be as well. Size of implants can vary so much, and several sizes may give you an excellent shape( as well as size). The most important thing to do is to select the best Plastic Surgeon that you can in your area, and suggest to the doctor what you are hoping for . For the current time forget about the implant size. Good luck to you. Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

What is 'natural' to one is a ball to another

+1
and realize there is nothing natural about implants.  If you're dead set on achieving your goal of 'natural', you need to make sure your surgeon understands what you expect.  External sizers in the vicinity of 550 cc's will provide you a good idea of what you will look like and you should consider that as your implants are 'good sized' for your body frame.

Curtis Wong, MD

Barbie boobs

+1
Barbie Boobs?  I assume you mean very fake looking. If you have enough soft tissue and you allow the implants to settle over a 3-4 month period and even longer, the fake look can often soften with large implants.  

Will 500cc still look Natural?

+1
Most likely but there is NEVER a guarantee. Best to try different sized samples just to be sure of the decision...