Would I benefit more from a Brazilian Butt Lift or small implants to fill in lateral gluteal depressions? (photo)

What would be better suited for my concern- BBL or small butt implants?I gained 25 lbs(making me 130 lbs) to have a fat transfer to fill in the dents. It's been 3 years, and I've lost most that was transferred.I'm now at about 110.The only fat I have to spare is on my thighs and under my butt.Would I have enough to fill in these areas, or do I just need to implants?I wouldn't mind having a bigger rear, but filling in the dents is my main concern.Would fat transfer AND implants be even better?

+1

Thank you for providing the pictures and information. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to give specific recommendations without an in-person consultation. My advice to you would be to visit the ASPS website and research surgeons who specialize in the Brazilian butt lift. Find one that you are comfortable with in your are and schedule a consultation. I also think that you would find value in many of the blogs that can be found on my website -  

BBL

+1

Thank you for your photos. You do have some excess fat in your waist / flanks for possible donor sites for the BBL procedure. Of course, a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Fat grafting or Implants

+1

While you do not have a lot of excess fat, I think you have enough in the flanks and lateral thighs to make a nice improvement in the lateral buttocks. Removing fat from the flanks and lateral thighs will also improve the appearance of the buttocks. I do not think implants are a good choice for buttock augmentation since the complication rate is much higher than fat transfer.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+1

You may have some fat in the love handles area, but I do not think it is enough to fill both hip dents. However removing the extra fat will improve on the contour of the buttocks and the dents.

Buttock implants will not fill the dents , you will need hip implants to fill these areas.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Would I benefit more from a Brazilian Butt Lift or small implants to fill in lateral gluteal depressions?

+1

Filling in dents requires much less fat than performing the Brazilian buttlift.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Lateral buttock and fat

+1

It looks like you may have enough reserves to augment your buttock laterally. Best to be seen in person.