Will Radiesse give me the volume in my cheeks and around my mouth that I'm looking for? (Photo)

I've been considering getting a facial filler for over a year now because of the flatness I see in my cheeks and the unappealing look of the lines around my mouth when I smile and the fine line and sag that sits when I am not smiling. I like that Radiesse is supposed to last a long time and that it boosts my own collagen production. I'm just curious how much I would need to fill out my cheeks and nasolabial folds. Help!

#Radiesse for the young and beautiful?

+4
You are already so pretty, are you sure you are not being a bit hard on yourself? The minor imperfection you point out certainly can be improved with #Radiesse, but who says we have to be so perfect? Perhaps you would like to try something first like a chemical peel or #Pellevé to freshen your look first before deciding to go ahead with fillers?

All the best to you! Dr. Clark

Filler in the Cheeks

+2
Radiesse or Voluma and some Sculptra is great for cheek lifting and maintaing the results would be great. I suggest you seek someone who is an expert at filler injections and giving a conservative natural look.  Fillers are a great option for you.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse

+2
You are a beautiful young woman, and I think using Radiesse is a great idea.  It has great longevity and can lift the skin giving a naturally younger appearance.  I'd probably start with 3.0cc (2 syringes).  Just make certain you find an injector who has many years of experience and has done thousands of treatments!

Hope this helps!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Increasing volume in cheeks.

+1
While voluma (or possibly radiesse) can be effective for the cheeks, the question would be if you really need the treatment. Consult with an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options and determine if you are a candidate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Will Radiesse give me the volume in my cheeks and around my mouth that I'm looking for?

+1
You are a young beautiful woman, but you must understand that if God can't make us perfect, we certainly can't.  The answer to your question, however, is yes.  I would start with 1 syringe, evaluate your results at 2-3 weeks, and go from there. 

Perlane, Radiesse and Voluma are the best fillers for augmenting the cheeks and softening the nasolabial folds.  All three cause some collagen production.

Voluma and Perlane are both hyaluronic acid fillers that are more firm than other hyaluronic acid fillers (like Juvederm or Restylane or Belotero). This makes them ideal for placement deep over the cheek bones for volumization of the midface. Another advantage of these two is that they are reversible with hyaluronidase should that be desired. The main difference is that Voluma has been shown to last up to two years while Perlane typically lasts about 9-12 months.

Radiesse is made of a completely different material, calcium hydroxylappatitie, which is also a very firm product that is ideal for placement deep over the cheek bones for volumization of the midface. This product, however, is not reversible. It lasts about 12-18 months.

I have used all three products to obtain beautiful results in the midface and cheeks. Voluma costs more because it has been show to last the longest, and they are priced accordingly. If you go to a "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon), you should get great results with any of these products. I wish you well!

Parker Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Filler

+1
As others have already mentioned, fillers such as radiesse, voluma, and sculptra are all good options for patients seeking cheek enhancement. In young patients like yourself, I prefer using members of the hyaluronic acid family of fillers (Juvederm, Perlane, etc) to improve cheek contours and provide a subtle lift. The key is to find an experienced board certified physician to treat you and make sure that he or she plans on being very conservative. 

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Radiesse give me the volume in my cheeks and around my mouth that I'm looking for

+1
I think you would benefit from some type of filler to soften and feminize your cheek area.  You are a bit flat from the side.  Perlane, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Radiesse...any of these would work for you.  I use Perlane frequently.  Mostly likely 2-3 syringes.  It will be very soft with minimal downtime.

Enhancing cheeks and around mouth with filler

+1
What you are desiring is enhancing the Ogee curve of the cheek. Although Radiesse is good for this, I wouldn't expect the longevity that is touted by then. I think 9-12 months is what you get. Volume or Sculptra is a better choice in my opinion and should give you up to 2 years, even more with Sculptra. I like blunt cannulas for this. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD