Natural Assymtrical Breast, Interested in Augementation? (photo9)

I am a 19 year old female, 5,5 and 145 pounds. I have struggled with self esteem issues most of my life because of my breasts. I live in Florida, so it is bathing suit season year round. Unfortunately because of my extremely uneven bust I do not feel comfortable to wear a bathing suit in public. Will an augmentation be able to correct not only the size but also the position of nipple. My breasts are also very far apart and impossible to get cleavage. goals are cleavage,symmetric full C/smallD

Natural Assymtrical Breast, Interested in Augementation?

+2

Augmentation will increase the size and improve the symmetry ( by using different sized implants). Its effect on the nipple will be more predictable on the right than the left. You may need a lift in addition to an augmentation to correct both

All the best

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Natural Assymtrical Breast, Interested in Augementation? (

+2

An in person consultation will be far more useful than internet advice. The suggestion will probably be for an implant in the right side and a lift on the left. If your preference is to enlarge both , then implants on both sides would be advisable. All the best. 

Breast issues

+2

I think it is best for you to go for an exam in person to be properly evaluated. You may need a lift for both  as well.

Will breast augmentaton alone correct my asymmetrical breasts?

+2

Breast asymmetry is very common and can vary from mild to severe. Your right breast is small with mild sagging. The left breast is larger more sagging. Based on the photos I would suggest a breast lift on the left breast and breast aumentation on the right breast with possible lifting. You may also benefit from an augmentation on the left breast if you wanted to have a larger breast on the left as well. But the decision could be made more accurately once you have been examined. I woujld suugets that you consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience operating on moderate to significant asymmetrical breasts. You should look at lots of before and after photos. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Augmentation Can Correct Size Asymmetry

+1
A breast augmentation can certainly make your breasts more symmetrical in terms of size. It is difficult to say whether breast augmentation alone would have a desired improvement on your nipple position, however. When performing breast augmentation, although your surgeon may be able to cheat the implants closer together a small amount, the implants must be centred more or less beneath the nipples. Placing them elsewhere will lead to an unnatural appearance. This means that you will have cleavage similar to your natural state even after your augmentation results become visible.

Based on your photos alone, I would also suggest considering breast implants that would provide a bit of a lift, as your left breast seems to be affected by ptosis somewhat.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1
I believe you are a good candidate for breast augmentation with implants of two different sizes.  You probably will not need a breast lift until much later in life.  Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I would suggest just augmenting your smaller side, I think you have a great shape. If you really want cleavage than you will need a large implant that will have long term consequencesn 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Asymmetry requires Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Implants correct the asymmetrical volume.  Asymmetrical shape and position will require another procedure.  I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  If you are satisfied with the size of the larger breast, no implant would be required on that side.  However, if you want to be larger, then both breasts will need implants.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional lift procedures such as the lollipop pr boat anchor.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term and less likely to ripple.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

+1

You have several options but it greatly depends on what you are hoping to achieve.  If you want fuller breasts, a breast augmentation with a left breast lift can correct the asymmetry and areola position.  Definitely go see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation so you can go over all of your options and you can decide together what best suits you.  Remember, you will not be perfectly symmetrical, because no one is but it can definitely be improved. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

Many thanks for posting your question and photo

Whilst it may seem desirable to increase the size of your smaller breast, using an implant on this side will mean that the breast behaves differently from the other one - if you lie down, the augmented breast will stay projected, whilst your naturally larger breast will flatten.

There is no single way to address your asymmetry - you will see that by the conflicting advice given to your question!

My suggestion?

I would suggest reducing the larger breast to match the smaller one. This at least then gives you symmetry in terms of size, shape and behaviour. Once that is done, if you want to augment both breasts with the same size implants, then they should behave the same way, and look the same.

It's tough distilling all the advice you are being given, so I wish you good luck!

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon