What Would Be the Best Rhinoplasty Procedure(s) for Me? (photo)

I'm in my 20s, and I've always disliked my nose for being too wide. I'm considering an alar base reduction, but what else? I'm not sure if I want to change anything about the bridge... the change might be too risky and radical. My main complaint is that the size and width of my nose basically ruins my face, especially when I smile. Ideally I want some subtle changes to my nose that'll put it in harmony with the rest of my face. Nothing too crazy. Thank you.

A subtle but significant improvement during asian rhinoplasty

You have a very nice smile, and as you mentioned the width of your nose detracts from this somewhat.  An alar base modification would help improve the balance of your nose, as would some tip refinement.  A subtle dorsal augmentation would help make your nose appear more "narrow", while still maintaining a look that is 100-percent you.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.  

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Asian Rhinoplasty

It is difficult to tell from the pictures you provided but I think alar base narrowing to decrease the width and flare of the nostrils would make a nice change.  If you're happy with your nose otherwise you could certainly have that procedure done without any other changes made. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

895 West Jericho Turnpike
Smithtown, NY 11787

Asian rhinoplasty.

Tip narrowing, alar base reduction and narrowing the nasal bones is what you need. See a rhinoplasty surgeon with a great deal of experience. 

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Subtle changes sounds reasonable.  It is best to be evaluated in person because photos can be a bit misleading.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Alarplasty can reduce nostril width and alar flaring.

Based on your comments and the pictures, I would most likely recommend alarplasty to reduce the nostril width and alar flaring, and refinement of the tip.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS

121 East 60th Street
New York, NY 10022

Ethnic (Asian) Rhinoplasty

The lower portion of your nose appears wider than what it ideally could be and alar base narrowing would be of benefit. It is difficult to tell from your photos whether you would benefit from anything additional. In office consultation would help better assess your nasal structure and image morphing can be performed to see if other changes should be considered.

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

1430 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10021

Asian rhinoplasty

i would suggest alar base reduction (flare and width reduction), tip refinement and an alar cinch suture to narrow the lower third of your nose.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

1401 S Beretania St
Honolulu, HI 96814

Rhinoplasty Procedure

Without seeing you in person and performing a full nasal exam, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, from your pictures, a alar base resection to narrow the nostrils and tip narrowing may be beneficial for you.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

At least Alar Bases

You need an in person consultation to see if anything more than an alar base narrowing would give you the desired result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

308 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075

Nasal Tip and Alar Base Refinement

Your tip can be refined and the alar base narrowed with a limited rhinoplasty procedure, It is difficult to see your bridge in these pictures but it does not look like anything needs to be changed in the upper part of your nose. 

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210