Can You Have Liposuction of the Torso 5 Months After Having Liposuction in the Abdomen Area?

Is it okay to do this procedure since i will be 5 months from the previous procedure?

Torso liposuction after abdominal liposuction

+2

Thank you for asking about the timing for a second liposuction.

1. Yes, a torso liposuction can be done now.
  2. Are these fat deposits new?
  3. After liposuction, fat can appear in new areas if you do not eat and exercise to your new shape.
  4. If this happened, new fat will appear in new areas after a second liposuction
  5. More exercise and less food maintains liposuction results. Best wishes.

Liposuction in different areas done at different times

+1

Many patients undergo liposuction for fat removal in different areas at different times. Depending on one's health, medications they take, and how they recovered from the first liposuction dictates how soon they can return for more treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

I think that you can have liposuction of the torso 5 months after liposuction of the abdomen.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Staging liposuction procedures

+1

You can have additional liposuction five months after the initial operation.  I am not sure why you have decided to divide up the procedures this way as the cost of anesthesia and facility will be that much more than as an "add on" area.  

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction of adjacent areas is possible

+1
  Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j k l ; ' \   shift ` z x c v b n m , . / shift     English     Deutsch   Español   Français   Italiano   Português   Русский   alt alt     Preferences

The short answer is yes but it all depends on your particular case.  I tell my patients that I won't perform liposuction of the same area for at least 6 months.  If it's an adjacent area it's possible not to wait the full 6 months but again, it all depends on your individual case and anatomy.  As long as your being treated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with significant liposuction experience, you're in good hands.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD