Male Breast Gland Removal Incision Problems? (photo)

My incision site has turn black just the actual incision not the nipple . The edges look raised and dry. Don't want my incision to come apart think I had no stitches remove after operation . Do I need to be worried and can I put some lotion on the site and message the area. I did not have a lot of swelling or bruising post op. I hope this is just part of the healing process . Thank you for any advise you can give.

Black area by incisioin

+1

This is hard to answer since I don't lnow how long post op you are but I would go back to your surgeon.I suspect it will be fine and you will heal ok.Massaging is ok too if you are at leadt 2 weeks post op.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Gland Removal Incision Problems?

+1

The posted photos do not demonstrate the issue you address in the written prose. Best to seek in person evaluation from your surgeon! 

Gynecomastia surgery and healing issues

+1

It is difficult to tell if there is a problem with your gynecomastia incisions by your photos alone.  Before you use a lotion on the area or start massaging the incisions, check with your surgeon first.  You need to be examined before a proper assessment  and recommedations can be made.  Best wishes.  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Incision crusty

+1

Unfortunately the photos do not show the area that well.  In general there can be some crust at the incision.  Follow closely with your surgeon.