Will my Breasts Look Natural? Or Drop Further? (photo)

Hi, i had my breast augmentation procedure 5 months ago. Unfortunately my doctor didn't take his time and was very fast with the visits. I told him i wanted a natural look and i even brought pictures. I was an A cup and went up to a D cup with "Smooth Round High Profile Gel, 550cc) I know it's only been a couple of months and i should wait for them to keep dropping.. But i am very worried i might not be able to achieve the look i originally wanted. Will they keep dropping? and would massaging help?

5 Months after Breast Augmentation and Disappointment

+1

The result at 5 months reveals round, full shape with the implant seated so as to have the nipple areola complex at the center of the breast mound.  It does not get much better than this.  You do not want them to drop any more or you will have bottoming out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Natural looking?

+1

Hello laika and thanks for your post. Your photos seem to demonstrate a beautiful breast shape, excellent cleavage and wonderful roundness. Your breasts are as natural as I can imagine them given the fact that your implants are 550 cc and are high profile. Frankly, it's a great result and it's not fully healed at 5 months. The most likely scenario is that your breasts will continue to mature and become slightly more natural. Enjoy, you look great. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

They will "soften" over time.....

+1

But you chose 550 cc implants, which are not small at all.  You will not have a "sloped" natural breast, since you don't have enough skin for that to happen.  Your breasts will soften in appearance over time, though, so you may end up happy with them.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Will continue to change but never "look natural"

+1

It's impossible to get a natural look with 550cc high profile implants starting out with an A cup. They will continue to change slightly as your skin and muscle accomoadate these very large implants on your small frame. The implants do not need to drop as they are they in good position. There is a limit to how big a person can go with implants before they lose a natural appearance.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Will my Breasts Look Natural? Or Drop Further?

+1

Posted result looks very acceptable. But you are the one that needs to be happy. Yes massages help. Best to you. 

I think you will see some additional changes

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  You will undoubtedly see some additional changes with time but the breast tissue you started off with as well as the size and type of implants you have may provide for a breast shape and proportion that may not be natural appearing enough for you.  In this scenario you may have to change your implant to one with characteristics that are more of what you desire, perhaps a mp+ implant of a slightly smaller volume.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Dropping of breasts?

+1

The breasts may settle a bit more with time.  High profile implants are good for narrow patients that want larger volumes.

Thorough Discussion About Size Important In Breast Augmenation

+1
The decision about what size to go to and what constitutes a natural result is one of the most critical discussions to have with your surgeon when considering breast augmenation. Most patients report wanting a "natural" result, but that is a very subjective statement.  What it means is in the eyes of the beholder.   One of the most effective ways to determine a desired outcome is to talk about cup size and the different ways of measuring it, discuss your body habitus/measurements, and look at photos that show an outcome that you find desireable. It is helpful to find photos of someone with your same height, weight, and breast size/shape and have an outocome that you like.  These photos can be found on a website such as implantinfo.com.  Show these to your doctor and discuss how realistic this outcome is in your case.   In your situation, it would still be helpful to discuss photos.  Your outcome is what would be expected for the size of your implants, the profile, and your body habitus.  The result is unlikely to change further with time.  You may want to consider a smaller implant on one with a moderate profile.  Shaped implants are also available in some areas.  Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Post op

+1

Natural looking breasts and high profile implants do not go together. High profile implants are very round with a lot of projection. That is not the shape of a natural breast

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Natural Breasts?

+1

Hi laika,

Judging by your picture, I think you have had a "good result". Clevage is good, shape is good, mild nipple asymmetry which was most likely present before surgery and is not uncommon.

I think your breasts will soften even more over the next 6 months whether you massage or not. The size won't change much, so if you think your too big, that's another issue.

I tell my patients that a "natural look" is in the eye of the beholder. So, I don't know from your question exactly what your expectations were. Give it a few more months then check back with your PS or get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon