Lower Eye Lid Surgery 5 Days Ago, My Lower Lids Look Like They Are Pulling Downward?

How often should I massage them upward to help with that problem? I don't get stiches out for another cpl days..

Lower eyelid healing

+1

Once again, without pictures its difficult to say but its very common to have temporary lower eyelid pulling or drooping after surgery. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and they can recommend exercises or massage to help after a week or so. 

+1

In some patients, pulling downward on the lower lids is normal following a lower eyelid lift. This is due to swelling and scar formation. It is too early to massage as you might open up the wound. Massage might be indicated later in the healing process. Call your PS and discuss this problem.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about lower eyelid position after a blepharoplasty

+1

Really need photos to understand if this is normal swelling pulling your lids down or if you have a problems.  Discuss this with your surgeon and use eye drops if your eyes feel dry in the meantime.   

Massage is something we have patients do but there is little evidence that it is effective.

+1

Still it is something to do.  You are so early from surgery I would not recommend massaging.  You did not provide a photo so it is hard to comment on why your lower eyelids are being pulled downward.  Please consider reposting with photographs. 

Do not massage

+1

It is too early for you to massage your eyelids. Wait till you see your surgeon for your suture removal and discuss that with him/her.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon