What Can I Do for my Under Eye Bags? (photo)

I am 28 and I have notice under eye bags and i wanted to know if it could be fat or fluid and what i can do to remove them? thank you so much!!

Restylane for Eye Bags

+2

Hi Nicole.  You are an excellent candidate for Restylane injections.  Because you have no loose skin, injection procedures would be a great option for you.  1 - 2 CC's of Restylane would do wonders for you and last 6-12 months depending on how much is injected.  Make sure to locate an experienced injector that uses a technique where the product is injected "under the muscle" so that you do not end up with pouches of product under the eye.  Take a look below for pictures of folks in your same situation.  Good luck.

Under eye bags

+2
From your pictures it looks to me like you have some hollowing there. This will give you the illusion of dark circles and bags above. This can be simply remedied by filling/recontouring the area with Restylane. Its performed in the office and the results can be quite dramatic. Make sure your physician has experience filling under the eyes as it is truly an art form to perform well.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of dark circles

+1

As has already be suggested, a hyaluronic acid filler injected beneath the rim of the orbit of the eye can often improve the "light reflex" off of the area eliminating or softening the shadow.  I prefer the use of Juvederm, a softer less lumpy filler in this specific area.  Other options are topical cosmoceutical eye creams containing caffeine and various bleaching agents and fractional laser resurfacing.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Under Eyes

+1

The problem you refer to is actually quite common. Prominenece of the lower lid fat pads from a weakened orbital septum is easily addressed in your age group. You can have the ecess fat trimmed from inside the eye (transconjunctival). The recovery is minimal, and there is no external scar.At a a later time, you can have a more definitive procedure if you want. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)