Will Botox Smooth out my Forehead?

Will Botox Smooth out my Forehead?

+2

Botox will smooth the vertical lines and lumpiness  that I see between the eyebrows in the photo.  Botox can also be used for transverse lines across the forehead, but I don't see this to be a problem in the photo. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Will Botox Smooth out my Forehead?

+2

Botox can create smoothing and textural improvements in someone with forehead skin like that shown in your photo. It will be important to seek a consultation to get specific advice about what Botox can do for you. The other things that can be done to smooth your forehead skin include regular facial peels, medical grade skincare (often including a retinoid agent) and periodic laser resurfacing. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox smooth out my forehead

+2

Botox works by stopping muscle movement or dynamic muscles. The photo you attached is a static photo meaning this is what your forehead looks like when you aren't moving your muscles. In the photo you don't appear to have many lines or creases, so I don't see there would be a lot of improvement there. (Or really, a lot of improvement even needed.)

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox Injections Effective for Smoothening Forehead

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, Botox can be effective, provided there is not a risk of a brow ptosis, or droop. Your provider will be able to assess your risk and determine if you are at risk for this or not. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox smooth out my forehead?

+1

In general, Botox helps with the following areas:

1) Crow's feet
2) Glabella
3) Forehead
4) Bunny lines
5) Smoker's lines

Botox will help smooth the lines on the forehead if there are wrinkles present. Looking at your photo, it is difficult to tell whether you would benefit from treatment with Botox, as the photo you provided shows a static expression. If there are no wrinkles to correct, Botox may not be of benefit. It can be preventative for some individuals, as it will prevent an individual from making certain expressions. This can decrease the appearance of lines in the future. I would recommend visiting a physician who has a good amount of experience injecting Botox. He or she will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and good luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Smooothing Forehead Lines

+1

The vertical lines running up and down between the eyebrows, the so-called frown lines, can be smoothed by Botox, which will relax the underlying facial muscles that pucker the skin and create those lines. Botox can also relax the frontalis muscle that covers your whole forehead and creates the horizontal lines across the forehead when you raise your eyebrows. Botox only smoothes those lines that are caused by underlying muscles. It won't work on lines that are due to sun damage or sagging. When those lines that are caused by muscular movement are present a long enough time, then permanent changes develop in the skin resulting in lines that are now present even when the underlying muscles are not puckering the skin. At that point, a filler may be needed to plump or fill up the crease, with or without Botox to relax the muscles. It is best to see a physician who is skilled in using the various means of smoothing facial lines to analyze your face and suggest the best approach.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Botox and A Smooth Forehead

+1

Most causes of an uneven forehead can be related to dynamic lines causing the forehead to appear uneven. In other cases, there can be underlying changes to the bone. Some patients will notice textural changes to their skin and uneven pigmentation can result in a forehead looking uneven. The key step is evaluation and treatment by a physician with experience in treating faces.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and forehead wrinkles

+1

The photo you show has almost no evidence of dynamic wrinkling and I suspect that there would be little difference noticed after the use of Botox. However Botox would prevent some of the muscle movement and if you tend to hold your forehead in a creased fashion it would possibly be preventative of future permanent wrinkling

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox Smooth out my Forehead?

+1

Botox is a great treatment to help soften the lines around the eyes and forehead, an evaluation would be best to see how strong your muscle movement is on the area to determine how many units you would benefit from. 

Botox and smoothing

+1

Botox works to soften facial lines of animation and in many cases can smooth an ares. But you have to understand that if the lines are very deep, then those lines may be "etched" in due to loss of subcutaneous tissue.