Can Botox help my forehead? (photo)

I have some lines on my forehead and in the middle of my eyebrows. I just want a smooth forehead and was wondering if botox is the answer. Thank you.

Botox Treatment for Forehead LInes

+2
Botox has become the leading treatment for dynamic lines on the forehead.  The typical horizontal forehead lines and vertical frown lines between the eyebrows are initially caused by muscles that raise your eyebrows up and move your brows toward each other with various expressions.  Following Botox injections, the muscles relax and the "puckering" of the skin subsides, looking smoother.  In your photo, your lines look early and minor, so they should respond nicely to Botox.  However, if the lines have been present for many years and become deeper, then a permanent depression in the skin develops, and in that case a filler is needed to plump out the crease in addition to the muscle relaxant effect of Botox.  Another cause of some forehead lines is environmental damage due to sun exposure and smoking, and this type of skin texture change can be improved with a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.

Botox as a preventative treatment of dynamic rhytids

+2
Botox is in fact the best available treatment to give you the smooth forehead appearance you are looking for.  The lines you are beginning to notice are a result of the action of the facial muscles underneath the skin.  As the muscles contract and move, they cause the skin to wrinkle.

Over time, this can cause the lines to become creased permanently into your skin.  This is why Botox is an excellent preventative measure as it does not allow these lines to form, and softens the ones that have.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox

+2
Hi! Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Based on your picture, Botox can help smooth out the lines on your forehead and prevent them from getting deeper. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for additional information.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Botox in Forehead

+2
Lines between the eyebrows and at forehead can be decreased by Botox.  Depending on the severity of the wrinkles you may not even be able to see them after one treatment.  Deeper lines can decrease after one treatment but it can take up to multiple treatments to have a noticeable difference for these wrinkles.  I would suggest consulting with a professional and doing Botox with a Physician or a Registered Nurse Injector. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead Wrinkles

+2
Your forehead lines are very fine.  This is a very good time to start using Botox to PREVENT these lines from getting deeper.  Botox relaxes the muscles of your forehead, preventing them from wrinkling and damaging your forehead skin.  Make sure you go to someone who is experienced with Botox.  If injected improperly, it can result in drooping of your eyebrows and a heavy feeling of the brow.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox help my forehead?

+2
You have evidence of very subtle lines in your forehead. Botox would help to further soften these lines and prevent them from getting deeper.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Can Botox help my forehead?

+2
While your lines on your forehead are very fine, you will benefit from 'preventative' Botox.  The goal of Botox is to relax the muscle thus keeping you from constantly wrinkling your forehead.

Botox for Forehead Wrinkles

+2
You have very fine lines of your forehead and from your photo it appears that you will be an excellent candidate for Botox treatment. Treating these areas early will mean that you will prevent the wrinkles from getting deeper in the future. Because you have such fine lines you will need very little Botox to get a good result. Make sure you find an experienced physician injector who will not give you too much Botox to start off as this can cause drooping of your brow. Good luck!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox Is Effective for Smoothing Out Lines of Forehead

+2
The horizontal lines across the forehead are secondary to creasing of the skin by the movement of the underlying muscle.  If the muscle is temporaly weakened by Botox, the skin will not be costantly creased during the day.  This will allow the wrinkles to smooth out in the area.

Injecting only the forehead can cause the eyebrows to drop if the muscles between the eyes are not injected with Botox as well.  I commonly recommend injecting both areas to get the best result.  

I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Botox help my forehead?

+2
Best plan is to seek a few IN PERSON evaluations from injecting docs in South Florida. Ask fee per unit and number of units planned to be injected. Also if doc is injector vs a nurse..