Brazilian Butt Lift, BMI is 29, is This Too High? (photo)

My BMI is around a 28-29. I am 5"9, 195-200lbs (depends which scale).... I would like to get my waist, upper back, arms, inner and outter thighs, as tight as possible. I have surgery on these areas in one week, my surgeon is out of town until the day of surgery so I cannot meet with him. I was told to lose 20 pounds prior to surgery (I thought it was a bit much), I was not able to lose much weight and now I am worried I should reschedule, but I really don't want to! Here are my pics, opinions?

Optimal BMI for Brazilian Butt Lift

+4

Thank you for your question.  More important than your weight or BMI is your fat distribution.  As you know, two people the exact same height and weight can have different amounts of fat stores.  Based on your pictures, I think you will have a great result from a Brazilian Butt lift.  You have enough fat to nicely round out your buttocks. Determining whether or not to lose weight before surgery will depend on how slender you want to be after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/services/buttock/buttock-augmentation/#

High BMI Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

BMI does not necessarily restrict candidacy for Brazilian Butt Lift, as long as a patient is healthy and has reasonable expectations.  Fat distribution is important to evaluate when determining if a patient is a good candidate.  Also, if you have a significant amount of fat in the midsection, you probably don't want to do lipo in other areas, because we are still restricted to a safe maximum volume of fat removal, which is 4L in FL and 5L in most other states.

A BMI less than 30 is perfect for Brazilian butt lift

+1

Any BMI below 30 is perfect for a Brazilian butt lift. A BMI below 30 will give you a good result and be safe. You should not have to reschedule. Judging by your pictures you will be perfect for a butt lift. The most important thing to remember is to be at a weight that you are happy with before surgery because losing weight after a Brazilian butt lift may cause contour irregularities.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/brazilian-butt-lift-6998

Your BMI is not too high for a brazilian butt lift

+1

Your BMI does not make you a bad candidate for a BBL. Your BMI is more important in assessing your operative risk. So if your doctors feel that you are an acceptable medical candidate for surgery, then I think you will actually get a very nice result - assuming you have chosen a surgeon who can deliver those results. Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/buttock-lift-augmentation-new-york-city/

Enough Fat for the Butt

+1

More important than the BMI number is YOUR fat distribution. Judging by your photographs, you are a great candidate.

You have adequate stores of fat in you tummy, flanks and thighs to allow a very nice contouring with the suction alone.  At the same time your fat harvest should provide ample supply for a nice Brazilian Butt Lift.

Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://norrisplasticsurgeryhouston.com

BMI and body contouring

+1

Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for your planned procedures.  As a rule of thumb, best results are obtained closer to ideal weight and BMI around 25, but sometimes, we don't have enough fat to transfer if your BMI is too low. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

BMI too high for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

A BMI of 29 may not be too high for the Brazilian buttlift, if a lot of fat is suctioned up to the 5 liter maximum and alot is transferred.  Remember that maintaining a stable weight after the surgery is the key to a nice stable, long term result.