12 Days Post Op, is It Normal? (photo)

I had under the muscle, smooth, high profile, 375cc on my left and 350cc on the right breast. I used to be a 34A. Is it normal that on day 12 post op my breasts still feel hard and tight? Also, they haven't dropped much, I've been doing a few exercises adding pressure downwards and using the strap band for about 3 days but I don't see much improvement. Also, I think I still have some swelling, is that normal too? Any comments, tips? Thanks in advance!

Early Postop Breast Augmentation

+2

It will take several months for the swelling to go down and the tissue to stretch.  It appears that you have some bruising indicating that there may have been some bleeding in the pocket after surgery.  This will also make you more swollen for a longer period of time.  I would continue to follow up with your surgeon, but wait for 3 to 6 months before deciding to do anything from a revision standpoint.

Recovery at 12 days post breat augmentation

+2

Thank you for sharing your photo along with your post.

Based on the information you have provided and being 12 days post-op, it is too early to judge the results of your surgery.

The swelling you are expressing is common as well as the riding of the implants.

It is not fair to say that the size of the implants may have been a little larger than what you may have needed since swelling did not subside yet.

So at this point, I recommend that you be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions religiously.

Should you become uncomfortable with your end results after you have fully recovered, a revision could be planned.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

+2

Its difficult to answer this question without more information.  It appears like your breasts are very swollen and perhaps you went a touch too large.  It will take 6-8 weeks for the swelling to go away.  Please follow up with your surgeon.

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

12 Days Post Op

+2

Don't panic. It takes several months for the pectoral muscles to relax and for the implants to settle. You won't see day to day changes. 

Continue wearing the band and massaging according to the instructions given by your surgeon. We've all seen many early photos like this that had excellent contours at 3 months.

Thanks for the question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.

High Implants 12 Days after Breast Augmentation

+1

High implants 12 days after breast augmentation is to be expected.  The implants may take 3 or 4 months to drop.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Breast Augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Post op healing

+1

You are very early in your recovery.  It will take several weeks, months even, for the swelling to resolve. It is very typical for breasts to heal at different rates.  Continue with your post op visits to your surgeon who will best be able to advise you on your progress.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

12 days post

+1

You have a very normal post operative appearance. Swelling takes time to improve. I tell my patients to expect 30-40% to resolve at 3-4 weeks and another 40% at 3 months.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

12 Days Post Op, is It Normal?

+1

STILL very early in post operative healing phase. You might consider external ultrasound therapy to help the healing. Best to you.