Can Dental Bonding flake and chip? (photo)

I've gone to the dentist to get dental bonding on my teeth because I grind my teeth at night. After buying and using a night guard, I've gone four times to get the dental bonding repaired from previous chips and breakage (after my initial one I went back four more times in a two week period) and they have seemed to have broken off and chipped for a fifth time but now its starting to flake off as well. I don't want to have to go back for a sixth time to get them repaired.

Qeffsscv

+1
If you are a severe grinder it is unlikely that you will have much success with dental bonding.  It is simply not strong enough to withstand the forces you place on your teeth.  A ceramic restoration would be better, using a material like Emax, which is much stronger. But there is no way of saying for sure you will not break these restorations, especially if you forget to wear a nightguard.  Have a talk with your dentist and see what your options are.  Hopefully you can come up with a solution to your problem.  Good luck!

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist