What does lipo of the outer thigh involve?

I was told it is used to remove the fat from your saddle bag. I just want smaller thighs so should I get inner thigh lipo instead. Will inner thigh lipo also get some of the back conidering when I am laying down it kind of comes in? Will it leave me looking like a boy? I have curves and I don't want to be pencil shaped.

Using #liposuction for thighs

+1
Liposuction, in the right hands, can be a very powerful tool in helping reshape thighs. This can include inner thighs, outer thighs, or both.  Perhaps more than any other area, however, your surgeon must proceed carefully and skillfully to get your good results.  Inattention to detail or an unwillingness to treat completely leads to pretty noticeably bad results in this area.  I included photos to give a basic overview of what to expect from thigh lipo.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the outer thigh is commonly done and does not require general anesthesia.

+1
Liposuction of the address I is one of the more common areas done. Most patients can have this done with a small amount of oral sedation using the tumescent technique.

+1
   The truth is that every patient will need something different.  I would find a plastic surgeon who knows what looks good in the human form and achieves those results each and every day.

Liposuction options

+1
Liposuction will remove fat and make the area treated smaller.  We then rely on the elasticity of your skin to tighten the area.  The ability of laser or ultrasound options to tighten the skin is limited.Consult with an experienced liposuction/body contouring surgeon to get your best individual advice.  

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1
Best answer is to be seen and examined to determine the best option for you.  May patients choose other technologies once the have been seen and examined.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Thigh Liposuction

+1
Thank you for your question.  Liposuction of the thighs can be limited exclusively to the outer thighs if saddle bags are the primary concern. However, if the entire thigh is larger than the patient desires, we generally do liposuction on both the inner and outer thigh for optimum results.  

During your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you should discuss the look you desire and trust the surgeon you choose.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Thigh liposuction makes a big improvement in most patients.

+1
When you get liposuction of the thighs, it often involves the front, back, inner and outer thighs as well as the lower buttocks and knees to make it all flow together nicely. Doing it under local tumescent  allows for the patients to turn in all positions and also stand up a few times to really sculpt and finetune the areas for best results. Cost is roughly $5-6000 on special and so worth it. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Thigh Liposuction Expectations

+1
Great question. I typically address both the inner and outer thighs and I do so with the patient lying on their back as well as their stomach. It adds operating room time to reposition the patient, but the change is key to evenly correct the area. 

Cheers

David Shifrin, MD