Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction? (photo)

I feel like I've tried everything to lose this weight from diet and exercise to going gluten free(still gluten free) .I just cant seem to shake this weight.I have had high blood pressure in the pass and I have been cleared of that now. I also have anemia and I am on a low dose of synthroid.I 'use' to weigh 193lbs.I am now 170lbs I've been at this platue for 8 months. I'm 5'1 and I have 4 beautiful kids ages 2,5,7,9.Thanks for your time

Am I a good candidate for TT and liposuction

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss!  A TT with liposuction would benefit you more if you can lose some more weight.  I know it's difficult and it sounds like you are going in the right direction, but perhaps it's time to visit a dietician and revisit your exercise routine with a trainer, if possible.  With that said, if this is a realistic weight for you to maintain, then it's time to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can learn what procedures would give you the best results.  After a physical exam, you can also learn what to realistically expect with your results.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will not remove fat deep to muscles.

+1

Hi.

I do think you probably will look better after a tummy tuck with some liposuction.  But without physical exam, cannot tell you how much better.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

You are a good candidate for a complete liposuction on back , waist, armpit and Tummy Tuck.

You should have a checkup to make sure everything on parameters  prior surgery. Check do not have anemia.

Walkiris Robles, MD

Abdominoplasty when it is difficult to shake the weight

+1

Hi Georgeous, Congratulations on loosing 23 pounds. You have an apple shaped, android type of body and appear to carry a lot of intra-abdominal fat, which is commonly seen in men and some women. I understand your frustration on not being able to loose the extra weight. Speaking more to your health, I would recommend you get deitary counseling; you have probably already seen an endocrinologist because you are on synthroid. You did not say how much exercise you are getting nor your diet. Gluten free sounds good to many people but it is really for those with a gluten allergy and it is the total caloric intake that matters. Gluten free diets are being used indiscriminately. An intestinal biopsy is done to establish a gluten allergy, otherwise gluten free diets make no sense for the ordinary person. That said, low carb, high protein vegetable rich food is good for weight loss and you must get at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 to 6 days a week with strength training also. As far as the tummy tuck, I think that you should try to get your abdominal size smaller before doing this. You would see some improvement now and most people loose more weight after their tummy tuck. Also consider seeing a bariatric surgeon and see if you might be a candidate for a gastric sleeve or a lap band procedure. I think that you have plateaued with your weight here and need more intervention and change to progress. It is about your health too and the results from an abdominoplasty will be that much better. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Pregnancy is hard on women with petite frames like yours .  A tummy tuck will bring the muscles together and get rid of skin from the lower abdomen.   Liposuction  will thin the layer of external fat on your abdomen but not give as good a shape.   Neither will help your high blood pressure.  Keep up the diet and wxercise.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Which is recommended: Liposuction versus Tummy Tuck?

+1

Understand that unwanted fat in the abdomen area accumulates not only in the skin of the abdomen, but also INSIDE the abdominal cavity, called "intra-abdominal or visceral fat". Judging from your photos, there is moderate excess fat in both areas, and there is some weakness to the abdominal wall muscles after multiple pregnancies.  Liposuction alone can definitely improve your contour, but still will not yield a "flat tummy" because you still have to address the "intra-abdominal or visceral fat" and weakened abdominal musculature.  The only reasonable way to lose "intra-abdominal or visceral fat" is by sensible diet and exercise. I advise you to continue what you are doing with your weight loss; you are doing a fantastic job! Also, consult a trustworthy cosmetic surgeon who can perform liposuction, re-enforce the strength of your abdominal wall muscles (called diastasis repair), and perform a tummy tuck.

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

I routinely explain to my patients that cosmetic surgical procedures including tummy tucks and liposuction are an adjunct to, not a substitution for, a good diet and exercise. So, first and foremost, keep up the good work you have already begun.  Having had four pregnancies, and from your photos, you have stretched your abdominal wall muscles and I believe would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck along with some liposuction over the flanks and upper-mid abdomen.  Check with your doctor to see that your blood pressure and thyroid levels are under good control.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Losing more weight would be very helpful for you to have the potential for a really nice result.  I would consider more diet and exercise at this point.

Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

+1

I understand how difficult weight loss is but another 20 pounds would really improve the possible TT results.// 

+1

It is hard to tell from your photos and an exam would be better before answering your question. Your photos appear to show a very bulging upper abdomen and that usually comes from intraabdominal fat and that contour does not see much improvement at all from TT. Here's a way you can fid out...lie flat on your back. If your stomach sinks in you will benefit from the surgery. If your stomach still bulges out, do not let anyone charge you for a surgery that will be disappointing. The only thing you can do in that case is lose weight first, then proceed with the surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD