Post-C-Section, and Want To Get Rid Of My Belly. Which Form of Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?

So I am 21 years of age and a mother of a three year old. I am 5'8'' and 236 pounds. I have been trying since post pregnancy to lose the lower abdomen I received thanks to my cesarean. I am considering a Brazilian butt lift for the simple fact that I have absolutely no butt and my life's goal is to gain one. I would also have the opportunity to diminish fat in other areas. However, I am having trouble deciding which form of surgery is better for me. Should i go with the BBL or tummy tuck?

Lose weight first before your tummy tuck for better result

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. It is very important to be closer to your ideal weight before you have a tummy tuck. If you have a tummy tuck now the excess fat beneath the skin will prevent tightening and you will be unhappy with your result.

If you are unable to lose weight then consider a liposuction of the abdomen first and the fat removed can be used for your BB L. 6 months later if you continue to lose weight then your tummy tuckcan be done.

Tummy Tuck vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Braziilian Butt Llift and Tummy Tuck are two different procedures and accomplish different goals. You actually need both. Fat can be removed from your tummy before the tummy tuck and then injected into your buttocks, BBL. If you have to choose I would do this first. I would then do a Tummy Tuck either later or at the same time if your surgeon feels comfortable doing this. An informed consultation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon will help you figure out how to proceed.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Post-C-Section, and Want To Get Rid Of My Belly. Which Form of Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?

+1

What's in a name?....

I think you have to be careful is using "names of procedures" and "terms" too loosely.  You have to try to figure out which procedure, or combination of procedures, will give you the best possible result and then go for that, whatever it is called.

In your case, I suspect that you would have the best result if - if possible - you could lose some weight, keep it off (I know, easier said than done) and then undergoing a tummy tuck with additional liposuction of other areas.  You also may need more than one procedure in order to get the result you want.  And because you're 21, you may want to consider waiting until you're finished having children (unless you are) or you may not want to. 

But that's the approach I think you should take. And it starts with seeing a few board-certified plastic surgeons in person to see what they recommend, after which you can make an informed decision on which procedure, or combination of procedures, is best for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Body contouring and weight loss.

+1

The best advice is for you to decrease your overall weight prior to contemplating any cosmetic procedure. At 5'8" and 236lbs (BMI 35.7), your body weight is considered obese. Body contouring procedures at this BMI put you at significant risk for complications. Try to focus on diet, excercise, and weight loss before any cosmetic surgery procedures.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and liposuction is probably the best option

+1

Before scheduling the procedure it would be advisable to make sure your weight is stable. It is always good to loose as much as you can on your own and proceed with surgical intervention.  You could definitely benefit from full abdominoplasty with liposuction of abdomen and flanks and also liposuction of the back. The fat can be used for the buttocks injections to give you a desired shape.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Cosmetic sugery after c-section

+1

An abdominoplasty will get rid of the unwanted fold at your stomach. It would be best if you reach a lower weight. Try to get to a weight that you can maintain. I do not recommend performing Brazilian butt lifts at the same time as abdominoplasty.You need to decide which is more important to you and I would do that procedure first.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of your belly

+1

I think a staged option in your case would be best. I think first of all you need to lose some weight so that your amount of intra-abdominal fat can be decreased to give you a better waistline. I would then perform liposuction on your abdomen and love handles, whether you inject that fat into your buttocks, that would be your choice. After waiting at least 6 months, I would then perform a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin on your abdomen and tighten your abdominal muscles if needed.

Julio Garcia, MD

Post-C-Section-Which Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?---Neither!

+1

First, thank you for your question but to use an old phrase, you have placed the cart before the horse.  If you are done having children and are trying to regain your figure and shape, cosmetic surgery alone is not the answer.  Instead, you first need to lose weight in order to be considered a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Your current Body Mass Index is 36 which is too high and can lead to significant medical risks during surgery.  By losing weight before proceeding with any cosmetic surgery, you will significantly decrease your risks for complications, some of which can be life-threatening.  Since you have a family to care for, this is something you need to do for them and you before moving on any further.  Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine the appropriate weight for you to be at before undergoing any cosmetic procedures.  I know this is not the easy answer, losing weight is hard, but for your own safety and for your family, it is the right answer.  Good Luck.  I know you can do it!

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based upon your so kindly posted photos I recommend weight loss before surgery. The surgery most likely would need to be a full tummy tuck with possible liposuction. seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area. Regards 

Which Form of Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use AFTER Pregnacy?

+1

Re - "am 5'8'' and 236 pounds. I have been trying since post pregnancy to lose the lower abdomen I received thanks to my cesarean. I am considering a Brazilian butt lift for the simple fact that I have absolutely no butt and my life's goal is to gain one. I would also have the opportunity to diminish fat in other areas. However, I am having trouble deciding which form of surgery is better for me. Should i go with the BBL or tummy tuck?"

At "5'8'' and 236 pounds" your BMI is 36 (mid OBESE range) making you heavier than many Plastic surgeons would consider performing body contouring procedures on. The closer you can come to 150 pounds or so SAFELY and stay there, the better will be the results of ANY Body Contouring surgery done on you.

C-sections do NOT result in weight gain. If not done well, the scars may be indented, too high or too low but the procedure does not cause obesity. Obesity is caused by a large caloric intake which is not offset by a corresponding burning of the extra calories by an increase in exercise. With a proper diet and exercise you should be able to shed most of this weight.

I ASSUME you are NOT planning on having any more children. Doing so will destroy the results of any body contouring procedures done on you. Such procedures are best done when EVERYTHING is stable - weight and no future pregnancies.

I have YET to see a "butt-less" individual. I have seen hundreds of women's rear ends claiming to have this serious affliction but have been repeatedly disappointed (just like presumed sightings of the Loch Ness monster and "Big Foot"). If you critically look at your behind you will see that there is NO clear border between the lower back and the origins / upper borders of the spherically shaped buttocks. In other words, you have and excess of low back fat which covers up the upper buttock margins, the V-zone in the divergence of the buttocks extending to the hips. Once you lose your weight this MAY improve but odds are you could get a GREAT result at that time with a Tummy Tuck with Back Scoop Liposuction. The Tummy Tuck would flatten the abdomen and narrow the waist while the Back Scoop liposuction would unveil the full buttocks you ALREADY have and define the buttocks nicely. In my opinion you do NOT appear to need a Brazilian Butt Lift as your rear cheeks appear full enough.

Good Luck.