Post-C-Section, and Want To Get Rid Of My Belly. Which Form of Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?

So I am 21 years of age and a mother of a three year old. I am 5'8'' and 236 pounds. I have been trying since post pregnancy to lose the lower abdomen I received thanks to my cesarean. I am considering a Brazilian butt lift for the simple fact that I have absolutely no butt and my life's goal is to gain one. I would also have the opportunity to diminish fat in other areas. However, I am having trouble deciding which form of surgery is better for me. Should i go with the BBL or tummy tuck?

Body Contouring post c-section

+1
Each surgeon have different preferences for body contouring procedures based on experience and expertise. You may want to delay any surgery until you are within 20 pounds of your long term ideal weight. At that time, you may want to debulk with liposuction and address the buttocks with a Brazilian Butt Lift. Subsequently, you may want to sculpt with tummy tuck. After you get closer to your long term stable weight, consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons and choose the surgeon/surgical plan that best meets your needs/objectives.

Lose weight first before your tummy tuck for better result

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. It is very important to be closer to your ideal weight before you have a tummy tuck. If you have a tummy tuck now the excess fat beneath the skin will prevent tightening and you will be unhappy with your result.

If you are unable to lose weight then consider a liposuction of the abdomen first and the fat removed can be used for your BB L. 6 months later if you continue to lose weight then your tummy tuckcan be done.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Braziilian Butt Llift and Tummy Tuck are two different procedures and accomplish different goals. You actually need both. Fat can be removed from your tummy before the tummy tuck and then injected into your buttocks, BBL. If you have to choose I would do this first. I would then do a Tummy Tuck either later or at the same time if your surgeon feels comfortable doing this. An informed consultation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon will help you figure out how to proceed.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Post-C-Section, and Want To Get Rid Of My Belly. Which Form of Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?

+1

What's in a name?....

I think you have to be careful is using "names of procedures" and "terms" too loosely.  You have to try to figure out which procedure, or combination of procedures, will give you the best possible result and then go for that, whatever it is called.

In your case, I suspect that you would have the best result if - if possible - you could lose some weight, keep it off (I know, easier said than done) and then undergoing a tummy tuck with additional liposuction of other areas.  You also may need more than one procedure in order to get the result you want.  And because you're 21, you may want to consider waiting until you're finished having children (unless you are) or you may not want to. 

But that's the approach I think you should take. And it starts with seeing a few board-certified plastic surgeons in person to see what they recommend, after which you can make an informed decision on which procedure, or combination of procedures, is best for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Body contouring and weight loss.

+1

The best advice is for you to decrease your overall weight prior to contemplating any cosmetic procedure. At 5'8" and 236lbs (BMI 35.7), your body weight is considered obese. Body contouring procedures at this BMI put you at significant risk for complications. Try to focus on diet, excercise, and weight loss before any cosmetic surgery procedures.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and liposuction is probably the best option

+1

Before scheduling the procedure it would be advisable to make sure your weight is stable. It is always good to loose as much as you can on your own and proceed with surgical intervention.  You could definitely benefit from full abdominoplasty with liposuction of abdomen and flanks and also liposuction of the back. The fat can be used for the buttocks injections to give you a desired shape.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Cosmetic sugery after c-section

+1

An abdominoplasty will get rid of the unwanted fold at your stomach. It would be best if you reach a lower weight. Try to get to a weight that you can maintain. I do not recommend performing Brazilian butt lifts at the same time as abdominoplasty.You need to decide which is more important to you and I would do that procedure first.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of your belly

+1

I think a staged option in your case would be best. I think first of all you need to lose some weight so that your amount of intra-abdominal fat can be decreased to give you a better waistline. I would then perform liposuction on your abdomen and love handles, whether you inject that fat into your buttocks, that would be your choice. After waiting at least 6 months, I would then perform a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin on your abdomen and tighten your abdominal muscles if needed.

Julio Garcia, MD

Post-C-Section-Which Cosmetic Surgery Should I Use?---Neither!

+1

First, thank you for your question but to use an old phrase, you have placed the cart before the horse.  If you are done having children and are trying to regain your figure and shape, cosmetic surgery alone is not the answer.  Instead, you first need to lose weight in order to be considered a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Your current Body Mass Index is 36 which is too high and can lead to significant medical risks during surgery.  By losing weight before proceeding with any cosmetic surgery, you will significantly decrease your risks for complications, some of which can be life-threatening.  Since you have a family to care for, this is something you need to do for them and you before moving on any further.  Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine the appropriate weight for you to be at before undergoing any cosmetic procedures.  I know this is not the easy answer, losing weight is hard, but for your own safety and for your family, it is the right answer.  Good Luck.  I know you can do it!

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based upon your so kindly posted photos I recommend weight loss before surgery. The surgery most likely would need to be a full tummy tuck with possible liposuction. seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area. Regards