Invisalign Work if Frequently Forget to Wear Aligners?

Over the past year with invisalign I've become lazy, wearing it at the least at night at the most half of the day. Will my teeth ever set, and can I do anything to help them? My sister was same and shes gone years with her final set without her teeth setting. Please advise me thank you.

Invisalign delivers great results

+2

You will not achieve your Invisalign Results if you don't wear the trays. Invisalign counts on you wearing your trays 22 hours every day. Not just at night -- not half the day -- all day and all night. The trays are to be removed only to brush your teeth and eat. Start wearing your trays all the time and Invisalign will offer you great results.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

You may be in trouble

+2

I'm not sure what you mean by teeth "setting". If you don't wear your Invisalign enough, the timed movements that should occur with each 2 week aligner will be off. You may need to start over again with a mid-course correction and wear the aligners 24 hours per day like your supposed to. If you are not ready to wear them 24 hours a day, don't waste any more time and money.

Daniel W. Schiavone, DDS
Rochester Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign wear

+1

Wearing your aligners all the time will ensure predictable results at the end.  If you are not wearing your aligners consistantly, the results many not be what you expected and my have to pay additional cost for more aligners.

David Cheng, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign must be worn consistently

+1

You need to wear invisalign a minimum of two weeks for it to work.  Since you are off course, it is best to see your treating dentist to determine the best way to fix this

Jennifer Jablow, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist