Taking Forever to Heal from Endoscopic Brw Lift. ( 3 Months Post Op)?

Hi. I am 3 months post op from an endo brow lift and am still having the following symptoms. !)My right side brow still does not move. (My left one does move). 2)My forehead still feels very tight. I feel like there is a metal steel implanted in my forehead. 3)The skin UNDER my brows is so THICK and swollen as if there's fluid inside?. When I touch the area, it feels thick and swollen. This is making my eyelid crease look SO narrow and small. I didn't have swollen lids like this a month ago.

See Your Doctor

+1

I would suggest that you see your doctor to make sure there is no obvious issue that needs correcting. It may also be a great idea to seek a second opinion if you feel there is a more pressing issue your doctor is not concerned by. 

Tightness and swelling after brow lift.

+1

Sometimes one side moves before the other, so some Botox on the active side will give you symmetry while you wait for the other side to catch up.

Swelling varies from patient to patient and depends on genetics and the extent of their procedure.  Be sure to keep you head elevated and avoid extremes of temperature, and sun/wind if you aren't already being strict about it.  The upper lids and area of the brow roll likewise can remain swollen.

Check in with your surgeon, get an exam, be honest about you activities as of late, and see what he/she thinks you need to do from here.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Concerns 3 Months Following Endoscopic Brow Lift

+1

In terms of your various concerns.  The lack of motion of the right brow indicates that the branch of the facial nerve that goes to the brow has been cut or more likely stretched.  It may take up to six months to see if motion will develop in the brow.  As suggested, Botox may be useful to weaken the functioning left side and give you some symmetry.  The sensation of tightness of your forehead is normal wound healing.  Try some massage of the area to see if this helps.  The thickness of the brows is probably resolving swelling.  Again, you may want to try some massage of the areas to see if this softens up and the bogginess resolves.  

Michael Sundine, MD

3 Months after Endoscopic Browlift and Swelling and Brow Immobility

+1

Hopefully, the brow immobility is temporary and will improve over the next few months.  The swelling should improve as well.  Ask your plastic surgeon about the type of fixation for the brow lift as this is the likely cause for the feeling of an implant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brow lift recovery

+1

Dear cherryblossoms91, As far as the asymmetry in movement from brow to brow you may want to speak with your surgeon regarding using botox to reduce movement until both brows are functioning uniformly. I am not sure if your surgeon used some type of material in your forehead for suspension that is responsible for the swelling and tightness so I would discuss that with him. Three months post surgery you should have minimal swelling and be on the road to recovery. You may want to discuss some form of steroidal anti-inflammatory like a medrol dose pack with your surgeon. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.d.

Michael Elam, MD

+1

The brows should move at 3 months post-op although it's best that you still give yourself a couple of months for any residual swelling to subside.  You might want to go back and discuss this with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Brow Lift to see if one of the suspension sutures or internal fixation points is giving you the isolated swelling and stiff sensation.  

Time

+1

At this point, there is unfortunately little we can do accelerate the healing process. If you have true swelling, sometimes steroids are helpful, and your surgeon can assess this. Swelling can sometimes be prolonged in some patients. Your condition will likely continue to improve until about 1 year after surgery.

Be patient with your body. This is easier said than done, but knowing that improvement is likely, can help things along.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tight forehead after endoscopic brow lift

+1

this is very sad but generally will improve with time

steroids may help. botox on the active side will let you be symmetric until the muscle function returns over the next 3-6 months.