Foreign Body Left in Skin Falp After Lower Blepharoplasty?

am 8 weeks today, post op from a lower blepharoplasty. I have severe swelling and pain under right eye with some brown residual coloring. I did develop a low grade staph infection, which I was on antibiotics for. I still have a thick sticky discharge. My surgeon wants to re open lid to see whats going on under the flap. I can't risk another ciclical ectropion, like my left eye has. Is there another way to see whats going on under there?? I think there might be a foreign body left under there.

Post Blepharoplasty Infection

+1

Thank you for your question. If you are draining, an exploration may allow the infection to be washed out and you may heal faster.  More scar tissue will form the longer the infection persists.  See a BCP or Oculoplstic surgeon to resolve this. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Radiological Imaging May Be An Option

+1

Radiological imaging can be done in the area to see if there was a foreign body left in the area.  An MRI scan could be an option, but it is costly and may not reveal all foreign bodies.  

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/blepharoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon