Why is my Forehead Like This Please Help?

is there something wrong with my forehead why is it as if swollen and fat please help......i have not hit my self or had any accidents please answer back thank you......or is it normal and im looking at my self too hard or im going crazy.

+2

The other surgeons are correct in that this is bone, and is a normal variant.  Now that you know this is normal, you can put your mind at ease.  Because it is normal, there is no reason to "correct" it, unless you simply do not like the way it looks! 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Normal variation of bone

+1

This is a normal variation of your bone. Unless it really bothers you there is no reason to do anything about tit.

Forehead contour can be corrected with Radiesse

+1

Your forehead contour is a normal variation in the frontal bone and sinuses.  If it is a concern to you, the simplest solution may be to use a filler, such as Radiesse, to contour the adjacent areas.  This  filler typically lasts for about 12-18 months and would improve the overall contour without a major operation. This would also give you an opportunity to evaluate how the effects of changing your forehead contour appeal to you without a permanent commitment to the change.  

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Video: Brow Prominence can be treated through bone burring or fat injections

+1

This doesn't look to be abnormal. It looks symmetric. Likely this is just due to bony overgrowth  in those areas. You can treat this by burring the bone done with drills or fat grafting above the prominence. Because it is so prominent, I think the best option would be to take the bone down with burring. The video below shows the approach, you would just burr down the bone at the very bottom of the dissection.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prominent bones of forehead

+1

No, you're not imagining this.  You have quite prominent bone ridges above the eye sockets along the lower portion of your forehead.  Using a bone rasp, these can be rasped down so they are not obvious.  This does, however, require exposure of the bone ridges using a Coronal Brow Lift incision.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Forehead Protuberance

+1

I agree with the other doctors who responded as to the cause of the forehead appearance.  But before going so invasive as to mold or reshape the forehead bone, I would consider camouflaging the protuberant areas with a dermal filler like calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse).

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead

+1

It is difficult to diagnose without a physical exam. However this could be soft tissue , but most probably it is the bone ,this  is called frantal bossing. it can be smothed by surgery, through a bicoronal incision in the hair line.

Prominent Forehead

+1

Your forehead shape is due to a prominent frontal bone.  While it does result in a distinctive forehead it is one that is more masculine and would be much tougher to handle as a female.  I agree this really is not that easy a problem to fix.  Another issue is that the strength of the forehead makes the angle of the nose more severe.  Softening that nasal angle may help camouflage the forehead. This would be something you could discuss with your surgeon in more detail.  Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/body-procedures.php

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Frontal Bone Shaping

+1

You have either a large frontal sinus or thickened bone of the area you are looking at.  Most likely it is a combination.  It is important to note that this is often normal in men, but can indeed make you look sinister or severe.  I treat this problem 2-4 times every week.  Simply shaping the bone by thinning it or drilling is not advised in your situation for many reasons. 

There are very few surgeons with experience in treating this problem.  I advise you to avoid a filler of any kind (including fat), "burring" or "drilling" to shape the foreehad. Additionally, I do not believe that an endoscopic procedure would be the right thing for you.  There is not enough exposure through that type of surgery to correct your problem.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead prominence

+1

This looks like bony prominence which looks at least fromt he photos within normal limits.  To treat this and lower the area may require shaving down the bone.  An exam is in order and usually a bone study to determine how thick the bone is and how large the frontal sinuses are.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.