Is Forehead Width Reduction Possible Without Altering the Hairline?

I read somewhere that minor skull burring is possible, can this also be applied to the forehead bone from the sides?

Forehead Reduction Without Altering the Hairline

Yes, it is possible usually to take down portions of the frontal bone, through several small incisions.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

No

Forehead reduction or skull burring does not reduce the width of a forehead.  You generally need a hair transplant surgery to narrow the forehead.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Reducing forehead width

The question is about reducing the width of the forehead. I think the only way to do this is with hair transplants to the temple hair region. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is possible by applying a special technique of placing the incisions to preserve the hairline.

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction

Yes it would be possible to burr down frontal bone prominences to some degree. I have done this in several patients.  However, they also needed hair line lowering with it. In your case, it may be different. See picture below.