I am a male with a narrow forehead. Can a Forehead Be Widened?

I am a male with a narrow forehead. I would like to widen my forehead and increase the circumference of my head. I am 5'-9" tall and cannot wear an adult sized hat. Is this possible?

Widening a Narrow Forehead

+1

Hi 

Yes, the forehead can be modified, but this is an uncommon cosmetic request. Narrow can become wide. Multiple potential options exist, such as forehead implants or temple injections. Custom implants may need to be manufactured as needed. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon or neurosurgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Sculptra

+1

This is a difficult question to answer without having the benefit of seeing your photos. wWhat can be done depends on the proportion between your forehead and the rest of your face. If you face is just as narrow as your forehead, then anatomic widening with something like a tissue expander or fat injections to enable you to wear a hat, for example, may create so much disproportion within your face that it may not be attractive. If your forehead is partially narrow due to your hairline or hollowing in the temples, this is an easier problem to fix with electrolysis/laser hair removal for the former and fillers such as sculptra for the latter.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Make a forehead bigger

+1
This is a challenging but not impossible undertaking that would involve a number of reconstructive techniques for a strictly cosmetic purpose. Off the top of my head (excuse the humor) , I would think to use tissue expansion followed by insertion of a custom made prothesis .Another thought , if actual size increase were not an issue, would be to do laser hair removal at the temples to give the illusion of a bigger forehead.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon