Old Forehead Scar?

Hello, I have a very old scar on my forehead. It's pretty obvious although it's not that big. I want to ask if I can still get rid of it Thanks :)

Treatment of forehead scars

+1

Old forehead scars can be improved with simple excision and layered closure. These scars do very well after scar revision surgery.

Forehead scar

+1

Forehead scars are the best candidates for revision if they are horizontal. With revision you can place the scar in a forehead crease and therefore end up camouflaging it very well. Vertical scars are hard to treat. There are no natural vertical lines on aforehead and therefore they are hard to camouflage. Also, everyone heals differently. Its hard to say any more without seeing the scar. Hope this helps!

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Forehead Scar

+1

Normally, the only way to improve an old scar is to surgically remove it.  Without seeing the scar, it's difficult to tell if you're a good candidate for scar revision surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon