Forehead Reduction Possible? (photo)

If I have a wide forehead ( I have a wide face) can I get a lower hairline and also a smaller forehead? Hmm.. as in squishing the forehead until it gets smaller or some sort like that? I have the first picture forehead I want the second

Forehead lowering

+1

This can be accomplished with a Camirand incision of the hairline where the hair grows thru the scar. The samecan be done for thewidth of the forehead

Lowering your hairline

+1

Morning Patricia,

It's absolutely possible, however, none of us have seen or examined you so take our limited advise for now.  The best, complete, procedure you can do is to remove the strip of tissue/skin in front of and along the hairline then advancing the scalp forward.  There is an incision that will always be visible to some degree but it is rarely conspicuous.  The added follicular hair unit transplantation to camouflage the incision at the time of surgery helps this.

This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia with about a week of down time.  It would be another 2 to 4 weeks before the incision is not noticeable.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering hairline is possible

+1

As mentioned previously, a trichophytic [hairline] incision made at the hairline will allow the incision to be nearly invisible, however, pulling your hair back in a tight ponytail may make the scar somewhat visible. It also depends on how thick your hairline is.

Posting your own photo would be helpful.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead Reduction

+1

We developed the  procedure to reduce the forehead using the irregular trichophytic hairline incision which allows hair to grow through the incision so the patient has total freedom of styling after surgery. The forehead can be narrowed with the use of micrografts.

Forehead reduction

+1

I do perform forehead reduction for selected patients.    This is what most patient need. The ideal distance between the brow and forehead is 6 to 6.5 cm.  An inch of hairline lowering is more than adequate for most patients.

To learn more and see photos, please visit the link below.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/newport-beach-photo-gallery/forehead-reduction

Forehead reduction possible

+1

Yes, as mentioned by the other doctors who replied this is possible for you.  But I am not certain that it is advisable and there is a risk that you could be unhappy, despite the best efforts, with the scar created to do the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reducing a large forehead

+1

If you have adequate laxity of  the forehead and scalp, the hairline could be lowered to the level you desire in a one step operation. The scar is rarely a problem . If you also want the forehead narrower, follicular unit hair transplants can be done in the same operative session. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the hairline is possible

+1

Lowering the hairline (and consequently shortening the forehead) is possible. A tricophytic broken line excision of a strip of skin just inferior to the hairline allows one to pull hairbearing skin into a lower position. There are the risks of a conspicuous scar but people who needs this procedure generally happy with their result.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon