Non Surgical Options For Forehead Reduction?

I'm a young male with a relatively high forehead. I would like it to be about 0.5-1cm smaller. I could do less though. What options do I have? Not keen on hair transplantation. Anything non-surgical? Thanks in advance.

Shortening the forehead

+3

There is no non-surgical method of shortening the forehead.

The surgical options

1: incision infront of the hailine

2: hair transplant

Treatment Options For Forehead Reduction

+1

Generally, there is no great non surgical way to reduce the size of the forehead except for styling your hair to cover specific areas. Either surgery to remove forehead skin or hair transplantation treatments are truly the only options that may give you what you want. It's always best to consult with a Board Certified physician to better understand treatment options that may work well for you.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Non surgical shortening of the forehead.

+1

The only non-surgical forehead shortening that works is hair styling. Combing the hair forward or foreward and to the side will give a very good effect if you have good hair.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Options for Forehead Reduction

+1

There are no effective non-surgical methods to reduce the size of your forehead. A young man like yourself who may experience male pattern baldness later in life must be very careful when deciding how to safely and effectively lower his hairline. Our procedure to lower the hairline with an irregular trichophytic hairline incision, hair transplants, and the Fleming/Mayer Flap are your surgical options.

+1

Shortening the forehead can only be accomplished through excision and removal of forehead skin or by lowering the hairline with hair transplants, IMHO.  Anything else is just a waste of time and money.

Can I Shorten My Forehead Without Surgery?

+1

Dear Luke123,  There are no non-surgical ways to shorten a forehead.  This is because the soft tissues of the forehead are so fibrous and adherent that any other the "non-invasive" treatments will obtain little if any improvement.  The surgical options are to excise the excess skin through a hairline incision which if done correctly usually hides well or to camouflage the high hairline by using hair transplants to give the look of a lower hairline.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options before proceeding.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon