Non Surgical Options For Forehead Reduction?

I'm a young male with a relatively high forehead. I would like it to be about 0.5-1cm smaller. I could do less though. What options do I have? Not keen on hair transplantation. Anything non-surgical? Thanks in advance.

Shortening the forehead

There is no non-surgical method of shortening the forehead.

The surgical options

1: incision infront of the hailine

2: hair transplant

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

A non surgical option to have a lower hair line would be trying new hair styles or wearing a wig.

If you are prepared to shave your head for the rest of your life, there is Scalp MicroPigmentation.  (Would not advise this based on your line of questioning).  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5757 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Forehead reduction procedures

FUE represents an excellent non surgical option to improve the apparent convexity of a high forehead in patients with non-active alopecia.  Our office specializes in this procedure in Los Angeles.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Treatment Options For Forehead Reduction

Generally, there is no great non surgical way to reduce the size of the forehead except for styling your hair to cover specific areas. Either surgery to remove forehead skin or hair transplantation treatments are truly the only options that may give you what you want. It's always best to consult with a Board Certified physician to better understand treatment options that may work well for you.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

2080 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Non surgical shortening of the forehead.

The only non-surgical forehead shortening that works is hair styling. Combing the hair forward or foreward and to the side will give a very good effect if you have good hair.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

3324 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94609

Non-surgical Options for Forehead Reduction

There are no effective non-surgical methods to reduce the size of your forehead. A young man like yourself who may experience male pattern baldness later in life must be very careful when deciding how to safely and effectively lower his hairline. Our procedure to lower the hairline with an irregular trichophytic hairline incision, hair transplants, and the Fleming/Mayer Flap are your surgical options.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Shortening the forehead can only be accomplished through excision and removal of forehead skin or by lowering the hairline with hair transplants, IMHO.  Anything else is just a waste of time and money.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Can I Shorten My Forehead Without Surgery?

Dear Luke123,  There are no non-surgical ways to shorten a forehead.  This is because the soft tissues of the forehead are so fibrous and adherent that any other the "non-invasive" treatments will obtain little if any improvement.  The surgical options are to excise the excess skin through a hairline incision which if done correctly usually hides well or to camouflage the high hairline by using hair transplants to give the look of a lower hairline.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options before proceeding.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

17300 N. Outer 40 Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005