Is It Possible to Get a Forehead Reduction Surgery Without an Eyebrow Lift?

I was thinking that maybe I can get some type of transplant to expand the skin on my forehead, then go weeks later to get forehead reduction surgery, and since the skin on my forehead has already been expanded, the surgery will not pull on my eyebrows. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to reduce both the width and length of my forehead in one procedure? If not, would it require multiple procedures?

Possible to Get a Forehead Reduction Surgery Without an Eyebrow Lift

+1

It is possible to reduce the forehead without elevating the eyebrows. To explore, your options consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Forehead Reduction Without Eyebrow lift is possible

+1

In answer to your question = Yes it is  Possible to Get a Forehead Reduction Surgery Without an Eyebrow Lift.

Although it is possible  to expand the skin on my forehead hair bearing scalp with a tissue expander but usually this is not necessary in many patients. If it was used then you would be correct that  weeks later you could get forehead reduction surgery without  pulling  on your eyebrows. It is possible to reduce both the width and length of my forehead in one procedure. Depending on the amount of alopecia you have would determine if you need more than one surgery. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgery that specializes in this surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Forehead Reduction without Eyebrow Lift

+1

It is very possible to reduce the forehead without also elevating the eyebrows if they are already in the right position. At the same time the foreheead can be made less wide. This is done by bringing the hairbearing scalp down and in and removing a part of the forehead. If the scalp is too tight to not elevate the eyebrows, then the scalp is expanded first, but this is seldom necessary. The scar is placed behind the hairline and angled down or in to leave hair follicles behind. This is then slid under angled forehead skin to allow the hair to grow through in front of the scar, thus hiding it. Of course, if your eyebrows actually need elevation, this could be done also.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Reduction Surgery

+1

Years ago we developed a hairline lowering procedure to decrease the height of the forehead. If the scalp is tight, we sometimes expand the scalp as a preliminary procedure. It is not necessary to raise the eye brows but this can be done as part of the procedure if the brows are in poor position. Go to my website for a description of this procedure and examples of surgical results.

Wide forehead

+1

Reducing the wide forehead is dependant on how much is needed to reuce the width. Hair transplant is limited by the amount of reduction needed and laxity of the scalp.

advancement of the scalp with wo without tissue expansion depend on the findings during the physical examination.It is possible to reduce the forehead without lifting the eye brow. But the skin needs to be stabilized so that the brow does not move.  One can reduce the visibility of the scar afterwords with hair transplant to the scarand slightly infront of it.

Forehead reduction without brow lift. Also reduce width .

+1

The routine forehead reduction operation does not result in raising of the brows. Additional maneuvers have to be done to get elevation of the brows. Reduction of the width of the forehead can be done with follicular unit hair transplants that can be done in the same operative setting . This would involve no additional incisions or scarring. There has to be sufficient forehead and scalp laxity to do this. If not, your idea of expanding the scalp with an implanted balloon like tissue expander device could be considered prior to the definitive procedures. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon