Could I Have Forehead Reduction Surgery and Rhinoplasty Done at the Same Time?

I am 15 3/4 and my parents are allowing me to get rhinoplasty. Could I also get forehead reduction surgery at the same time? Also, do you think I would get a discount because I would be doing two at once? Thanks

Too young to advise

+3

If this question was proposed by one of your parents, I could give a response. Since you identify yourself as a minor, I cannot comment and give what could be considered as medical advice. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and brow reduction?

+2

Without an exam, it would be difficult to say what type of forehead reduction you would need. Are you referring to actualy bony prominence reduction, or scalp advancement. At your age, you  may want to wiat a bit longer. As for the nose, it would be reasonable to go for a consultation.

Combining Forehead Reduction and Rhinoplasty

+2

I believe what you mean by forehead reduction is a hairline lowering or scalp advancement technique to reduce the long vertical forehead. That can certainly be combined with a rhinoplasty as a forehead reduction is really just a 'reverse browlift', which is far away from the nose.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/browlift.html

Yes it is possible but do you really need it at your age?

+2

It is very common and safe to combine two procedures and have it done at once under one general anesthesia. The only question is do you really need a forehead lift at age 15? You are very, very  young to even think about this type of the procedure. There are many patients seeking rhinoplasty surgery approaching their 16th birthday. Please make sure you seek an advice of an experience plastic surgeon to make sure you make a right decision about your surgeries.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/nose-reshaping-rhinoplasty-chicago.html

Rhinoplasty and forehead reduction.

+2

These surgeries can be done together.  However, you should with your parents see an experienced plastic surgeon. 

16 is too young for multiple cosmetic surgeries

+2

I would echo my colleagues' sentiment. It is safe to undergo a rhinoplasty at 16 years old. It's also safe to undergo a browlift or forehead reduction at that age. Undergoing both procedures at the same time will be cheaper than having two separate surgeries. However, 16 years old is very young to undergo multiple cosmetic surgeries. I would recommend waiting on forehead surgery until you've developed a more mature sense of your own beauty. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/browlift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead and Rhinoplasty Procedures At The Same Time In a 16 Year old?

+2

Both surgeries could be done at the same time, but just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should do something. 16 years old is awfully young to be considering multiple cosmetic surgeries. The decision to proceed with a cosmetic surgery is a difficult one and involves many factors. It requires a certain level of maturity to be able to truly understand the issues involved. While I will perform otoplasty and rhinoplasty commonly on teenagers because of the teasing and self confidence issues that can be associated with these 2 issues, I rarely perform any other teenage cosmetic procedures, preferring to wait until you are older and more mature in order to make sure that you are doing those procedures for the right reasons. You can always come back and do the forehead procedure at a later date. If it is the right thing to do now, it will be the right thing to do when you are a bit older. Please consider this advice. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead & Rhino

+2

Yes, it is possible to have both rhinoplasty and forehead surgery concurrently.  At about sixteen years of age, do you really need both surgeries.  Pricing varies according to each surgical establishment.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Reduction and Rhinoplasty

+1

What exactly do you mean by a forehead reduction?  Moving your hair line down?  Reducing bone?  You are really kind of young to be considering cosmetic forehead surgery.  I would need to see some photos to get a better idea of what you might want done.  You are not far from me.  I would be happy to see you with your parents.  And yes, at least in my practice, combined procedures often have some reduction in cost.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon