Forehead Reduction or Hair transplants for naturally high forehead.

Which is better for a high forehead, and are there any really good doctors for either one of these procedures in the Honolulu area? I haven't found any I would trust.

Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

Without a photo or exam it is hard to answer your question.Consult a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area to start . Ask them for their ideas and then choose who you think is best suited.

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

3701 S. Clarkson
Englewood, CO 80113

High hairline

To reduce a high forehead and lower the hairline, you  must have low eyebrows  to make the  forehead lift operation successful

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

High forehead

Sometimes patients with a high forehead can have a reverse forehead lift and the hairline can be brought down forward a bit.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Forehead Reduction or Hair Transplants for High Forehead

Either would be appropriate in the right patient.  However, the forehead reduction surgery could reduce a fairly large surface area quickly.  The number of hair units needed may be prohibitively high in certain cases.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Forehead Reduction

Assuming you're a female, hairline lowering, a procedure we described many years ago, will give you a much better, more natural result.   

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Scalp Advancement vs hair Transplants For High Forehead

The answer to your question would depend on how high your forehead is, your natural scalp laxity, the density of your frontal hairline and how you naturally wear your hair. In general, a hairline advancement is almost always better but the specific features of each patient needed to be evaluated to make that decision.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

If you are female and  have acceptable scalp laxity there is no question in my mind that the  procedure of hairline  lowering/ forehead reduction operation is the surgery of choice

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

3324 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94609

Forehead reduction surgery or hair line lowering surgery is a specialized type of surgery.  Many plastic/cosmetic surgeons may offer it but not many specialize in it.  The best in the country in my opinion is Dr. Kabaker and Dr. Aharonov.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5757 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036