Forehead Reduction or Hair transplants for naturally high forehead.

Which is better for a high forehead, and are there any really good doctors for either one of these procedures in the Honolulu area? I haven't found any I would trust.

Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Without a photo or exam it is hard to answer your question.Consult a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area to start . Ask them for their ideas and then choose who you think is best suited.

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

High hairline

+1

To reduce a high forehead and lower the hairline, you  must have low eyebrows  to make the  forehead lift operation successful

High forehead

+1

Sometimes patients with a high forehead can have a reverse forehead lift and the hairline can be brought down forward a bit.

Forehead Reduction or Hair Transplants for High Forehead

+1

Either would be appropriate in the right patient.  However, the forehead reduction surgery could reduce a fairly large surface area quickly.  The number of hair units needed may be prohibitively high in certain cases.

Forehead Reduction

+1

Assuming you're a female, hairline lowering, a procedure we described many years ago, will give you a much better, more natural result.   

Scalp Advancement vs hair Transplants For High Forehead

+1

The answer to your question would depend on how high your forehead is, your natural scalp laxity, the density of your frontal hairline and how you naturally wear your hair. In general, a hairline advancement is almost always better but the specific features of each patient needed to be evaluated to make that decision.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

If you are female and  have acceptable scalp laxity there is no question in my mind that the  procedure of hairline  lowering/ forehead reduction operation is the surgery of choice

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon