Forehead Lift on 24 Year Old? (photo)

I have always had these wrinkles when I lift my eyebrows, almost every picture I have has these... I do not like the idea of receiving botox but will a forehead lift fix these??

Have you looked into Ultherapy?

Wrinkles will always appear across your forehead when you contract your muscles to lift your eyebrows. At 24, they usually smooth out once the muscle contractions cease. If those deep lines are still there when your face is at rest, there is a legitimate reason to seek treatment. Yes, Botox or Dysport will temporarily disarm the muscles that are etchng those lines across your brow, but Ultherapy may be a better course of action as it is completely non-invasive and produces especially good results in a young adult whose skin is still resilient. Ultherapy is a one-time ultrasound treatment that is particularly effective for lifting, toning and tightening the brow through targeted ultrasound energy. The improvement you’ll see continues over time, and at your age, the results could last 1 – 2 years.

11278 Pines Boulevard
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026

Forehead lift in 24 year old

Some people contract their forehead muscles when speaking or with facial animation and this is sometimes unconscious.  It is difficult to say from the photos you provided.  Certainly, at age 24 I would lean on seeing the results of Botox for this, as it is less invasive than surgery.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

6025 4th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33703

Forehead lift and wrinkles

These horizontal lines form due to muscle contraction while raising your brows. Some people raise their brows to see better, but many people just do it as part of a bright, happy facial expression, such as you'd see in a photo.  Forehead lift won't necessarily change this and may raise your hairline.  Botox is definitely the least invasive and arguably best looking option.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

4400 South 700 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84107

Forehead Lift on 24 year old

Botox is far less invasive, and frontalis relaxation will correct your dynamic wrinkles.  A forehead lift even if scoring is done to the frontalis will probably not give you the result you are seeking.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Forehead lift on a 24 year old

The picture shows the contraction of the frontalis muscle creating frontalis muscle creases.  It is normal to have these types of creases when contracting the muscle.  The easiest and most conservative procedure to address this issue is Botox.  It will temporarily weaken and paralyze the muscle, depending upon how much Botox is used.  It is impossible to tell if a forehead lift is required since the level of brow position is not shown in the photos.  A forehead lift can also address softening of the frontalis muscle by surgical softening and removing a portion of the muscle and weakening it on a permanent basis.  Unfortunately, this will have to be done through a coronal incision to accomplish this goal.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Botox is much less risk for this problem than a browlift. If its done subtley, you can get a great result and still be able to move your forehead a bit.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Forefead lines

You are causing these lines by raising your brow. This is exactly what botox is used for. Before considering surgery at your age try botox or dysport.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

1561 Creekside Drive
Folsom, CA 95630

Young wrinkled forehead

Try Botox first to see if you like the difference. Surgery could later be considered. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

3324 Webster Street
Oakland, CA 94609

Forehead Lift on 24 Year Old?

The best treatment for that type of line is Botox, without question. Some patients do have philosophical concerns about being treated with Botox but it is a safe and effective medication with nearly twenty years of use (over ten years of use following its approval by the FDA). A forehead lift is an invasive procedure that can cause scalp numbness and incisional hair loss. Further, it will not reduce the movement of your frontalis muscle which creates the horizontal lines in your forehead. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

9695 S. Yosemite Street
Lone Tree, Colorado 80124

Forehead lift on 24 year old

A forehead lift can help improve lines that are on your forehead when it is at rest (when not raising your eyebrows).  The lines that form when you raise your eyebrows are formed from the action of your forehead muscle, and a forehead lift will not significantly affect the muscle in the forehead.  I understand you have some hesitation in using Botox, but it really would help to reduce those furrows that form when you lift your eyebrows.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102