Botox Created Forehead Horizontal Line?

I had botox on Thursday (my very first time) and it's now Tuesday. I noticed a horizontal line on my forehead, above the right eyebrow) which was not there before, as if the forehead is not even. The arch of my right eyebrow pops up more than the left eyebrow when I try to lift them up. The skin under my right eyebrow is swollen up. Please advise what to do. Thank you.

Botox and forehead lines

+1

Botox can take 7 to 10 days to work, so I advise waiting a little more time.  Very often, the first Botox treatment is like a "getting acquainted" treatment.  The doctor injects what he or she feels is appropriate, but it is difficult to accurately predict slight differences in facial muscle strength and responses to the Botox.  If a touch-up is needed, this extra dose can then be incorporated into future treatments.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

First Time Botox

+1

I would recommed seeing your plastic surgeon at about 2 weeks time if the tissue hasnt resolved.

It can simply be treasted with some more botox into the wrinkle area.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-botox-newport-beach.php

Adjusting the botox effect on the forehead

+1

Before you rush to have more done, try to be patient for another week. Many patients derive the full effect of Botox after two weeks and your situation may equalize wihtout further treatment. If it remains the same in a week, you may need additional units over the stronger forehead muscle side, or the Botox was not injected as far to the side of the forehead equally on both sides. If you had more units above the right eyebrow then maybe it is coming down more and that's the "swelling" you see, but that can be addressed by trying to lift it more by placing more Botox in the area between the eyebrows, called the glabella, and injecting  the outer eyebrow area can help too.

Return to the doctor

+1

You are experiencing a rather common occurrence after 1st Botox treatment. One side of the frontalis muscle is often stronger than the other side, and after Botox, that side will lift up more. Sometimes it can be so strong as to actually cause a new wrinkle. The solution is usually to put a little Botox on the stronger side. Another option is to use filler or, this may be where Dysport might be tried in the future. I have seen this occur less frequently with Dysport. The #1 reason I see 1st time Botox and Dysport patients in 2 weeks is to "tweek" the results to make it perfect.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Touch Up Treatment After Botox

+1

Hi firsttimer,

Best to pay a return visit to your physician injector. Point out your concerns. A minimal number of Botox units properly placed just above the offending anatomy should take care of your new found deformities.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P