Hard Bumps After Sculptra on Forehead

I had the injection done on my temples and forehead about 11 days ago. After the swelling and bruising went away, I was left with two very hard and large bumps. I have been massaging to try to break them up but they have not gone away and one of them has gotten bigger. They are very noticeable and painful. I have read that these can be permanent and get even worse. Is this true? Is there anything I can do?

Bumps on Forehead After Sculptra

+1

I recommend massaging the area as frequently as you can to break up the nodules. This is common and can disappear with time and manipulation. Don't worry if there are still some areas of nodularity that you are unhappy with. Some physicians can effectively remove them with a small steroid injection or 5FU. 

Sculptra

+1

I recommend massaging the area 5x/day for 5 mins each time over the next 5 days.  If the bumps persist, I advise you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for possible intralesional steroid injection.  

Sculptra in forehead

+1

Sculptra nodules can be broken up with kenalog or 5-fu. Also massage can be key. Plus a little time is needed. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Management of Sculptra Nodules

+1

Firm scar massage is key, 10x every 4-6 hours. If the bumps remain persistent, seek a board-certified dermatologist to consider intralesional steroid and or 5-FU injection to break down the scar tissue. With appropriate dilution and injection technique by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, Sculptra nodule should be quite rare.

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermcare.com/Fillers_-_Restylane_etc.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage hard Sculptra lumps

+1

We begin massage immediately after Sculptra using the 5 x 5 x 5 instructions:

• Five times daily
  • Five minutes
  • Five days

Massge needs to be firm so that any uneven areas are made smoother. Even now, it can be started.

You also can see your doctor and if he believes there has been too much put in an area rather than reaction to the injection, he can try to spread it about by using a needle to break up the area.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon