Forehead Looking Fake, What Are My Options? (photo)

I used to have a very short forehead. I had it enhanced using laser treatment. It is longer and looks good when I have my hair down, but it looks very fake if I pull my hair up! You can see a very unnatural hair line. Can you tell me if there is anything I can do to give my forehead a more natural look? Thanks,

Options for Excessive Hair Reduction on Forehead

+2

Hi there-

Unfortunately, I don't believe there will be an easy fix for you, but as long as you don't mind experimenting a bit and being patient, you may be able to improve the appearance of your hairline using Latisse (off label) or Rogaine.

I would not be optimistic about these options however, as laser hair removal treatments work because they permanently prevent hair from growing....

Your best bet is probably restoration of your hairline using a micrografting technique.

Correcting a Very High Forehead

+2

You now have a very high hairline. You can try and wait and see how much air returns from your ? zealous hair eradication treatment and may wish to aid the task with Rogaine or off label use of Latisse, you may try individual hair plug transfers which are very expensive or you may wish to have a scalp advancement which would require a permanent scar in your current hairline. The latter can be combined with hair transfer and bevelling the scar to allow hair growth through the scar to better mask it.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Long Forehead

+2

I am not sure if you had laser hair removal to widened your forehead by surgical procedure? However, If it was laser hair removal, then some hairs may grow back, but the definitive treatment is follicular hair transplant or forehead reduction which involves removal of forehead skin close to the hairline. The transplant done by an experienced surgeon would look very natural. Hair plugs were done in 70's. Check out their before and after pictures or talk to actual patients if you decided to go this route. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Current hairline unnatural.

+2

Unfortunately there are many things that surgeons seem to love that causes people to appear inauthentic.  If you do not like your current situation, I can assure you that you will not like single hair micrografting.  Sure, there are a handful of very artistic hairgrafters who could help you.  However, it is possible to place micrografts and have them look "pluggy."  I would not be in a rush to do this.

As I look at your photo, I ponder your statement that "You can see a very unnatural hair line."  Personally, I don't see an unnatural hairline.  The challenge here is to understand very precisely what you are seeing.  Otherwise you and your potential surgeon will be trying to fix different things.

Hair Transplant

+2
It is difficult to determine from the information presented, what exactly looks "fake" from your perspective. Based on your concerns about an unnatural hair line, one consideration would be a hair transplant primarily along the frontal hairline using single hair micro-grafts only along the frontal hairline in a few rows to create a slightly more uneven yet natural looking hairline.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural look to hairline

+1

Your hairline likely looks unnatural from both its shape and that there are no fine hairs at the front. This can be remedied with properly selected follicular unit hair transplants. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options to Correct 'Fake' Forehead

+1

I am assuming that you are dissatisfied because of the contour and location of your forehead. We developed a hairline lowering procedure using the Irregular Trichiphytic Incision many years ago. We advance the scalp forward and bury hair follicles under the skin closure so the scar is not seen after surgery which gives the patient total freedom of hair styling.

Forehead Looking Fake, What Are My Options?

+1

OK, I must admit that I'm a bit confused here.  You had a short forehead and now after a Laser Forehead treatment you have a high forehead with a receeding frontal hairline?  What type of laser was used and for what purpose.  Laser Hair Removal along the hairline?  Laser resurfacing of the forehead.  Thermage?  The mechanism of action, of the Laser, will determine the extend of damage done to the hair follicles along the frontal hairline.  You cal always use Ladies Rogaine to stimulate hair follicle re-growth.