Possible to Combine Otoplasty, Eyelid Surgery and Forehead Correction?

Forehead correction, Eyelid and Otoplasty. Is It Possible to Have All This Done at the Same Time

Otoplasty, blepharoplasty and forehead correction at the same time

+2

It is possible to have all of these surgeries done at the same time.  These procedures will take approximately 3 hours to perform, usually under general anesthesia, and can easily be performed all simultaneously under 1 anesthetic.  Make sure you are having your anesthesia done by a board certified anesthesiologist in a certified ambulatory surgery center such as Medicare certification.  

Combining otoplasty, brow loft and eyelid surgery is fine.

+2

Combining otoplasty, brow loft and eyelid surgery is fine. The most important thing is to select an experienced surgeon who does these routinely with good results! Choose wisely.

It is safe to undergo blepharoplasty (eyelid "tuck"), browlift and otoplasty (pinning back of the ears) at same time

+2

It is safe to undergo blepharoplasty (eyelid "tuck"), browlift and otoplasty ("pinning back" the ears) at same time. There is no reason why these procedures can't be performed together. This will reduce your recovery to one time period where you cannot work/ exercise, reduce the total anesthesia time requried for surgery and probably also reduce your overall cost as many plastic surgeons will offer a discount (variable) for combined procedures.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lift with blepharoplasty

+2

Sure foreheadlift, eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and otoplasty can be safely performed at the same surgery. For optimal results though the surgeon needs to account for the amount of upper eyelid skin excess corrected by the forehead lift before removing any eyelid skin. Ignoring this relationship can result in the removal of too much upper eyelid skin and an inability to completely close the eyes.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Combined face procedures are safe.

+2

Hi.

I assume you mean having a brow or forehead lift, an eyelid plasty, and an otoplasty together. Assuming that you are a good candidate for these procedures, it is a good idea to do them together. You only have one recovery period.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Eyelid lift, browlift & ear pinning

+2
Yes, all these procedures can be performed in the same sitting. However, while many plastic surgeons perform brow lifts at the same time as upper eyelid lifts, I prefer not to as elevating the brow can make it harder to determine the precise amount of eyelid skin to remove. If you are having only a lower eyelid lift with the brow lift, then it is not an issue. Also, be aware that with otoplasty, there is a pressure dressing around the head for several days to prevent blood clots and having this dressing around your head after a brow lift can be a challenge and will keep your eyelids and forehead much more swollen than usual. If it were me, I would not want to have all 3 procedures at the same time and would not recommend doing so to my patients.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining facial operations

+2
The operations you desire could be all done one after the other in the same operative setting thereby allowing for a simultaneous recovery.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon