Forehead Enhacement for 5cm Forehead

what can be done for my super low forehead?? i tweezed about a 1/2 cm of my hairline about a year ago and it really opened up my face, but it looked very fake. is there a forehead lift that can be done to give me for forehead length? i just need 1/2 to 1 cm and it really opens up my face. please help me. what can i do? my forehead is only 5cms and very narrow. thanks for all the time and effort. -sarah.

Two-Stage Forehead Lengthening

+1

A coronal browlift will lengthen the forehead to some degree but with that increase will be a resultant elevation of the brows as well. The problem is that simple stretching of the skin will not necessaily make for more than 1/2 to 1 cm of forehead lengthening without changing brow position. One alternative option is a two-stage approach with a tissue expander first followed by a coronal browlift approach. This is the most assured method of lengthening the forehead skin and moving the hairline back without adverse brow alteration. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/browlift.html

Coronal Brow lift tends to lift the hairline

+1

The short answer is that a coronal brow lift with the incision completely in your hairline will lift the hairline thereby expanding your forehead non hair bearing skin with hidden incisions. 

Lifting hairline 1 cm

+1

This can be accomplished quite well with a coronal forehead lift and there is a way to perform this without significant elevation of your eyebrows.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Hairline elevation using a forehead or brow lift

+1

A transcoronal surgical browlift, or forehead lift is the most reliable technique for long lasting hairline elevation and it offers other benefits such as removal of the frown line muscles, smoothing of horizontal forehead lines opening up the eyelid area by repositioning excess droopy eyelid skin and raising the eyegbrows. The scars are completely hidden in the hairline. Up to 2 cm elevation is usually possible as long as the eyebrows don't end up too high so this requires an experienced surgeon consulting with the patient properatively to balance this out.

Removing the frontal hair surgically, with LASER, or with electrolysis or shaving or waxing is likely to leave a very unnatural "wiglike" hairline.

Patients should seek out 2 or 3  experienced Ameican Board of Plastic Surgery certified doctors for consultation prior to making a decision.

Brow lfit

+1

Depending upon  how your forehead looks, a brow lift may be a possible solution. This can be a very good procedure to increase the length of the forehead and balance it against the lower 2/3's of the face.  An exam is essential.

Low Forehead

+1

There are several techniques for elongating the overly low forehead. Some of them involve raising up of the eyebrows, which likely may not be desired, while there are other techniques that can avoid this.  It really is necessary for me to evaluate your photos to see what technique is best.

Web reference: http://fhrps.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lift to lengthen your forehead?

+1

Yes.  A forehead lift could be used to lengthen your forehead.  Whether or not this is recommended is impossible to say without review of photos or a consultation.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead elevation

+1

There are many options available to lengthen your forehead if that is what you would like to achieve.  A more common request is forehead shortening as the forehead tends to lengthen as we age.  If you have deep forehead wrinkles and a low forehead botox may help both.  This is sometimes seen in the younger patients with strong forehead muscle activity.  Otherwise there are a number of other surgical and non surgical options available.  if your eyebrow are also low and need elevating a brow lift will naturally lengthen the forehead if performed by a coronal brow lift or via a endoscopic brow lift.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Surgery Forehead lengthening

+1
Raising the hairline can be done in several ways, surgically or non-surgically. For non-surgical options certainly laser hair removal is an option. However it's more effective for brunettes or noirs rather than true blondes because the laser targets pigment in the hair's root (blondes have little pigment so it's less effective). Waxing and plucking are not practical and short lived. For a permanent and very effective solution, a "coronal" lift may be used - this technique can raise the hairline by 1-2 cm. The down side is the long scar over the top of the head. However, if you're not bald or have thinning hair, the scar is well hidden and your result is permanent. On the other hand a high hairline and long forehead can be lowered with a similar surgery, though the scar is right at the hairline. Experience is everything so seek a board certified plastic surgeon to guide you. Good luck!

Laser vs Surgery

+1

As you have read, there are many options but assuming that your concerns are valid and will make a difference to you, laser hair removal would be best if your hair is on the darker side.  This would give you a gradual elevation of your hairline.  Surgery would involve a scar across the top of your head that could leave the scalp behind it numb and hair loss along the scar making it visible and requiring revisions.  Regardless, if you truly like the "look" of a higher forhead, be assured, it can be done.  Best wishes to achieving your results.