Would This Be Appropriate for Me? (photo)

I'm 5'1 weighing in at 123 And currently a small C. I've had three kids. Ill be having a lollipop lift on both breast and 400cc high profile saline implants under the muscle. From what I've read that going under the muscle results in losing a cup size.

The right size for you...

There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I usually do not talk about cup size. As you know, cup size varies with brand and styles of bra. I would go for the desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume. As you increase the profile of implant, you will get a larger implant.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Lift and under muscle breast implants appear appropriate for you

Thank you for your question and photograph. A combination breast lift and sub-muscular breast augmentation is a good option based on your photographs.

Do not worry about breast implants looking one size smaller when placed under the muscle. Over time as the breast implant settles into the pocket the size of your final result should be the same as it would be if you have had Sub-glandular augmentation.

Under The Muscle Breast Implants Do Noyt Cause Appreciable Loss In Size

You do not lose a cup size by placing breast implants under the muscle. There may be very slight lose of size but the benefits of decreased risk of infection, capsular contracture and better upper pole aesthetics far outweight any size loss considersations.

Implants under the muscle

You lose about 10% of the volume of the implant under the muscle but certainly not a cup size.  Unders are better than overs too.

Breast Augmentation Beneath the Muscle

I do not think the muscle decreases the size since the muscle is released and the implant partially sits beneath the muscle.  I believe placement beneath the muscle is beneficial in giving you better upper pole aesthetics and decreasing the risk for capsular contracture.

Dr. ES

Implants and a lift

It certainly looks like you could use a lift as well as implants. As for the right volume it is hard to say without knowing your goals or examining you.

No, you should not lose a cup size

Going under the muscle does make the implants look a full cup size smaller.   Usually it makes them look about 35 to 40 cc's smaller.  If you are worried about being smaller, than consider 425 cc implants.  However, my guess is that 400 ccs will be a good size for you.  

Best regards,

Dr. Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Lift and high profile implants 400 cc

Without exact measurements of your breasts, as well as an assessment of the tissue dynamics including elasticity, there is no way to tell if 400 cc are appropriate for you. I am not a high profile fan anyway, because of the well documented issues with breast atrophy and chest wall deformities.

Also, just be forewarned, that potentially, the scars from the lift may not heal as well if you do the lift at the same time because of the increased tension on the closure from the implants. I offer staged as well as simulateous lift and implants, but offer the patient the pros and cons of each so that they can make the best judgment for themselves.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

400 cc Implants and Size Concerns

There is some blunting of the implant volume by going under the muscle.  This will vary from individual to individual but this may reduce the apparent volume by 50 cc or so but not one cup size.  In general, 400 cc should increase the size of an average woman's breasts by 2 cup sizes.  The skin removed during the lift results in a negligible change in size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA