Would This Be Appropriate for Me? (photo)

I'm 5'1 weighing in at 123 And currently a small C. I've had three kids. Ill be having a lollipop lift on both breast and 400cc high profile saline implants under the muscle. From what I've read that going under the muscle results in losing a cup size.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Good Plan

+1

The plan you describes seems well thought out.  Submuscular placement is the best long term shape.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Lift and under muscle breast implants appear appropriate for you

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. A combination breast lift and sub-muscular breast augmentation is a good option based on your photographs.

Do not worry about breast implants looking one size smaller when placed under the muscle. Over time as the breast implant settles into the pocket the size of your final result should be the same as it would be if you have had Sub-glandular augmentation.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/?s=lift+sagging+breasts+after+pregnancy&x=13&y=4

Under The Muscle Breast Implants Do Noyt Cause Appreciable Loss In Size

+1

You do not lose a cup size by placing breast implants under the muscle. There may be very slight lose of size but the benefits of decreased risk of infection, capsular contracture and better upper pole aesthetics far outweight any size loss considersations.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/breast-aug.html

Implants under the muscle

+1

You lose about 10% of the volume of the implant under the muscle but certainly not a cup size.  Unders are better than overs too.

Breast Augmentation Beneath the Muscle

+1

I do not think the muscle decreases the size since the muscle is released and the implant partially sits beneath the muscle.  I believe placement beneath the muscle is beneficial in giving you better upper pole aesthetics and decreasing the risk for capsular contracture.

Dr. ES

Implants and a lift

+1

It certainly looks like you could use a lift as well as implants. As for the right volume it is hard to say without knowing your goals or examining you.

No, you should not lose a cup size

+1

Going under the muscle does make the implants look a full cup size smaller.   Usually it makes them look about 35 to 40 cc's smaller.  If you are worried about being smaller, than consider 425 cc implants.  However, my guess is that 400 ccs will be a good size for you.  

Best regards,

Dr. Smith

Lift and high profile implants 400 cc

+1

Without exact measurements of your breasts, as well as an assessment of the tissue dynamics including elasticity, there is no way to tell if 400 cc are appropriate for you. I am not a high profile fan anyway, because of the well documented issues with breast atrophy and chest wall deformities.

Also, just be forewarned, that potentially, the scars from the lift may not heal as well if you do the lift at the same time because of the increased tension on the closure from the implants. I offer staged as well as simulateous lift and implants, but offer the patient the pros and cons of each so that they can make the best judgment for themselves.

Web reference: http://www.breastimplantslongisland.com/breast-implants-101/choosing-the-right-size/

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

400 cc Implants and Size Concerns

+1

There is some blunting of the implant volume by going under the muscle.  This will vary from individual to individual but this may reduce the apparent volume by 50 cc or so but not one cup size.  In general, 400 cc should increase the size of an average woman's breasts by 2 cup sizes.  The skin removed during the lift results in a negligible change in size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.