Can I wear contacts after tear trough fillers?

I have another question. After tear trough fillers, I am reluctant to put contact lenses in, as I am concerned that pulling the eyes could affect the filler results. What would be your response to that? Thanks in advance

Tear Trough Fillers

+2
Boletero which is a finer form of hyaluronic acid is the ideal filler to be used under the eyes, in the tear trough area.  You can certainly wear your contact lenses since the injection do not go anywhere near the inside of the eye area.

+1
There are no contraindications associated with wearing contact lenses after having treatment with filler in the tear trough. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Contact Lenses After Tear Trough Fillers

+1
I am not aware of any contraindication of using contact lenses before, during or after tear trough correction. I have many patients who wear contact lenses that I treat, and they have never had a problem.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Wearing contact lenses after tear trough filler

+1
There is no problem in putting in contact lenses after having tear trough fillers put in. Neither would there be any problem in wearing glasses, unless they are heavy and touch the tear trough area directly. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for tear troughs

+1
There is no problem wearing contact lenses if you have had fillers in the tear trough areas. Wait about 2 days after the injections before pulling on the skin, but you should always be gently with the skin in this area since it is delicate. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist