Is it possible for women with larger breasts before surgery to have a breast augmentation and prevent needing a breast lift?

I have been considering a breast augmentation for awhile but pushed it under the rug as I already have a fuller bust that are not sagging at all but after seeing several of my friends after breast feeding and their breasts deflate immensely and essentially they have needed a breast lift also. I do NOT want to wait until then and need a lift. However I have read that women with larger breasts really cannot get just a breast augmentation so I am just wondering whether it is actually possible?

Large breasts? Can implants reduce need for an uplift?

+1
Hi and thanks for your question. Basically no! Adding the weight of an implant to your breasts will add weight and you can't fight gravity forever! At some point they'll go south! best t be advised by a fully accredited PS. Good luck!

London Plastic Surgeon

Women with larger breasts have a breast augmentation to avoid a breast lift?

+1
Thank you for your question?
It's a good question because it highlights a point I feel very strongly about. Namely, I wholeheartedly recommend that you consult a Specialist Plastic Surgeon before you can even consider that this type of surgery can benefit you. I can see your line of thinking, however you do not have the expertise and many years of specialist training that would give you the appropriate skills to make this kind of decision. So, go to a Specialist, who does. We would not expect you to be able to make this decision on your own, so why do you expect that of yourself?
In general. sagging will occur with ageing. Talk to a Plastic Surgeon. Get your facts and options from a Specialist. Then you can make a well-informed decision.
I wish you well in your journey.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implants do provide a 'lifting' effect

+1
but its only temporizing as you cannot fight the natural aging effects on your breasts and from what will happen after pregnancies.  So the answer in general is no...  an implant will not prevent you from having to have a lift down the road.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1
An implant will add weight to the breast and will not prevent a future breast lift but rather hasten the need for one.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Implants to avoid a lift??

+1
The short answer--implants are not a substitute for a  lift. Implants are to enlarge breasts, lifts are to correct sagging breasts with nipples/areolas that are positioned too low. 

If you are considering a breast augmentation, do so on its known merits--to enlarge the breasts. Don't, however, expect implants to lessen the chances for needing a lift after pregnancy and nursing.

All the best. 

Preventative breast augmentation

+1
Your breasts are subject to a lot of changes from weight gain/loss, pregnancy/ periods, etc.  Furthermore, there is not good way to predict these changes.  Because there is not way to predict what will happen to your breasts after, say, a pregnancy, there is no preventive measure that you can take.   Based on your description, it sounds like you have a good size and shape now.  I would go with that and not worry too much about the future.  You will just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD