Should I Go for Upper Blepharoplasty and Brow Lift (Stitch Method)? (photo)

hello doctors, i was planning to get upper blepharoplasty and brow lift stitch method.my eyelids are quite heavy at the age of 25 so wanted to get rid of them.my eyes seems to be unequal because of fatty eyelid.also wanted to add brow lift stitch method to my eye brows.i want my eyes to look bigger.Any help will be appreciated.

Opinion on browlift, blepharoplasty, or both

+2
In my opinion you do not need to have either at this immediate time. When you do decide upon a future surgical date I would suggest and endoscopic browlift and no upper lid blepharoplasty. Upper lid blepharoplasty at this time would just further accentute the problem pulling the brow down as you do not have signifigant ptosis of the upper lids. You do have some ptosis of the brow and this can be corrected with an endoscopic procedure. When you raise your brows with your fingers in the one photo they are elevated quite substantially and you do not want to over raise the brows as this feminizes the facial features. Somewhere between the raised picture and the resting photo is a happy meeting spot. You have such a strong brow bone that the slight ptosis you have appears exaggerated. With an endoscopic browlift you are not removing any skin and just elevating the brows to their original appearance before any aging process took place. This allows you to have a more youthful appearance after surgery without having any tell tale signs of surgery. I hope this helps you and remember time is on your side and I would not be rushing into the surgical arena at this time and definitely no blepharoplasty. Best regards!

Browlift

+2

Your photos show premature brow ptosis without any excess upper lid skin. I fail to see what you would accomplish with a blepharoplasty other than pulling the brow down further. You have a few options available to you for brow lifting such as endoscopic or transcoronal etc. The problem is if you are too agressive with the lift you will feminize your look but with this degree of brow ptosis at 25 years of age there is a risk you will need additional brow lifts when you get older. Just using a suture to lift the brow will only make the time between operations much shorter.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Should I Go for Upper Blepharoplasty and Brow Lift (Stitch Method)?

+2

From your photo, it is difficult to see what benefit you would get from both a blepharoplasty and brow lift.   A brow lift will probably feminize your appearance.  A stitch brow lift will probably not last long in your heavy looking brows.  A blepharoplasty might help you if that is the look you want.  Ultimately, you need to go over these details with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and brow lift for 25 year old male

+1

Unless your goal is to feminize your face I would avoid a brow lift at your age.  You may be able to get a subtle degree of brow lift with Botox. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Upper blepharoplasty or brow lift

+1

A brow lift is not necessary when the distance between the eyelashes and the eyebrows is adequate.  There is no underlying brow ptosis.  If the skin on the upper lids is quite heavy, an upper blepharoplasty alone can be performed to remove excess skin and excess fatty deposits on the upper lids.

+1

Yikes, the elevated eyebrow position shown in the photo is exaggerated and highly feminine.  I hope no Brow Lift Surgeon woould recommend that for you.  Your upper eyelids show some excess skin that could be removed with an upper eyelid surgery.  Suture suspension Brow Lifts don't last and as such are ineffective IMHO.  The most important factor in selecting an Eyelid Surgeon or Brow Lift Surgeon is that they understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  Giving a male a female-looking eyebrow is a huge aesthetic mistake IMO.  

Blephroplasty and "stitch" brow lift

+1

Fullness is a sign of youth.  I would not recommend a blepharoplasty based on your photograph.  Your brows are in good position, and I feel that a "stitch" brow lift is feminizing and not a good look.  I f  you want a slight amount of lateral brow elevation I would recommend Ultherapy - ultrasonic brow lifting.  This is a non-invasive procedure which produces a mild natural result.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and brow lift

+1

The sign of youthful eyes are fullness. By raising your eyes and performing a blepharoplasty ( which a least from the photos posted I do not think you need that.) will make you look old and hollow.   

Brow Lift And Blepharoplasty In Young Male

+1

The stitch brow lift, as the other consultants have told you, will probably have a very short-lived effect and not be worth the expense. But to answer your question in general, your current lid/brow position is quite normal for a masculine face and blepharoplasty +/- a brow lift will have a very feminizing change for you. If that's your goal then you will be pleased with the results (but do a real brow lift) but otherwise I'd skip the surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I am an open cutting surgery type surgeon.

+1

The suture method is inexpensive and tends to preserve structure but often does not hold up very long.  Should you have such a procedure.  I think you may decide that the money you spent did not prove to be very worthwhile.