Is It Possible for a Type 1 Diabetic to Get a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am a 26 year old female with type 1 diabetes. I am interested in a brazilian butt lift and breast augmentation, however, what has held me back from even consulting with a surgeon is the fact that I am diabetic. I've always wanted to enhance my assets and am willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen for me in the event of my health, I already have the money, but need some insight from a medical point of view. thanks.

Type I Diabetes & Cosmetic Surgery

+2
Thank you for your question.  As you are aware, diabetics whose blood sugars are uncontrolled have a higher chance of wound infections and delayed healing.  The risk is 2-3 times someone without diabetes if your Hemoglobin A1C is above 7.  Having said that, if your blood sugars are well controlled and your HgbA1C is below seven, then your risk returns to that of someone without diabetes.  The short answer is that if you are well controlled, otherwise healthy and take some routine precautions, you can undergo and elective Plastic Surgery procedure such as breast aug or BBL safely. Discuss this matter with a Plastic Surgeon knowledgable in peri-operative safety and with your primary care physician. Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttock lift in a diabetic patient

+1

You need to obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician or endocrinologist before having any elective surgery. Your blood glucose levels must be under tight control as well before surgery. Once these conditions are met, you can have elective cosmetic plastic surgery if you are felt to be a good candidate by a board certified plastic surgeon. I would consult with a few plastic surgeons until you are comfortable.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Diabetes and surgery

+1

Before contemplating any elective surgery, you need to be in top health. Your weight should be at your ideal body weight to your height. Diabetes should be under strict control.

Even under ideal conditions diabetics are at a higher risk for complications than non diabetics,

Your safety comes first even if as you say "I have the money now". The major issue is your safety.

Discuss this with your family physician and your board certified plastic surgeon.

+1

Yes, it is possible.   This will depend upon overall health and control of your diabetes.  If your diabetes is well controlled, you should be able to have the Brazilian buttlift.  The breast augmentation can be performed at the same time, and this is a common combination.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA