If I Use for Two Nights Each: Retin A Micro, Glycolic Acid 10% and Salicylic Acid 2%, is That Too Much?

My current routine is as follows: Morning: cleanse, serum, spf Night: cleanse with Clarisonic, treatment, night lotion The treatment portion is as described above: two nights of retin a micro, two of glycolic acid 10%, two of salicylic acid 2% and one night of nothing. My question is, is any/all of this too much for my skin? It is my year round routine and so far I haven't had a bad reaction but from a medical point of view, am I over aggravating or over exfoliating my skin? Thanks!

Regimen is Specific to Skin Type

+1

Thank you for your question. If you haven't experienced any reactions, chances are your routine is just fine. I usually recommend patients get on the best sunblock possible with SPF 30 and zinc oxide, a vitamin A cream, and a moisturizer well suited to your skin type to start.  The best regimen will be one individualized to your skin. You should seek the recommendations of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who may work with an aesthetician to determine your goals and get you on the best combination of products designed for your skin.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Rotating Retin A, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid

+1

Your routine is very sensible.  It is not too much to use Retin A, glycolic acid, and sal acid on separate nights as you describe as long as you are not getting too irritated from that routine (which you are not).  The most important part of your whole routine is daily sunscreen.  Please use an SPF 30 or above.

Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon