Can I Go for Tummy Tuck at an Age of 25 Before Marriage? (photo)

I am 25 years old male,well built structure.I have undergone lipo for tummy,sides and male chest removal. All the skin has healed very well except for tummy area and has become loose with no support.When I put hands on tummy I can feel the excess skin.Still to build more confidence i wanna go for TTuck.I have also ordered collagen capsules.will it help?or should i go for Tummy tuck?I am young and I have seen most cases are of women in 40's.

It appears that you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. I do not know what the collagen capsules entail but I would recommend saving your money.  You do have abdominal skin and soft tissue laxity that can be corrected by a tummy tuck.  You will also likely benefit from additional liposuction of the abdomen and flanks at the same time and it will something for you to consider.

Dr Remus Repta

TUMMY TUCK IS OKAY AT YOUR AGE AND BEFORE MARRIAGE

+1

I would definitely suggest an abdominoplasty.  Since you have already had liposuction, what you are left with is a moderate amount of excess skin and fat of the centralized abdomen. 

I do not think the skin will go away or shrink wrap around you with further exercise or weight loss.  Therefore, I think a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is your best option. 

I do not believe collagen capsules will help.  I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with experience in male tummy tucks.

Good luck on your tummy tuck.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from an abdominalplasty. Removing the excess skin after liposuction will give you a flatter and tighter abdomen.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

What makes a man a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1

you do not need to be a woman in her 40s to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  To benefit from this procedure you should have excess skin on your abdomen that can be pinched and held in your hands exactly as you are doing in your pictures.  This means that you have excess loose skin that will be removed and tightened by a tummy tuck.  you should also be in good health and have reasonable expectations.  Understand a tummy tuck has limitations and is not a replacement for a healthy diet.  Understand that it doesn't give you a six pack, but can uncover one if you already have one.  And most importantly understand that a tummy tuck does not remove fat that is deep inside your abdomen, only the superficial skin and fat.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Men can be excellent candidates for a tummy tuck

+1

Yes, you appear to be a candidate.  I have certainly done a number of tummy tucks on males your age, usually after weight loss.  There is no substitute.  I would not bother with any oral supplements or creams.  They don't work.

You are right, you don't see many photos of men on websites.  Mine has three examples, including a 20-year-old with a similar appearance to yours.  I have attached a link to this page of my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Surgery Candidate?

+1

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  

From the photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. I ask patients to reach a long term stable weight (if you are not already there) for the best results.Extension of the excision and/or liposuction surgery of the the back area may be necessary to achieve your goals.  I would recommend visiting with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons who can discuss the surgical options as well as the potential risk complications associated with surgery with you.  And ask them to show you lots examples of their work.