Is It Possible for Me to Keep Toning Up and Lose Weight? (photo)

What Would Be the Price Range for my Tummy Tuck and Chest Reduction? I was always over weight all my life back in high school i was at 240, after high school i started exercising in a daily basis , I went down to 170 just doing cardio, no weight lifting. I was left with extra skin, As of now I'm doing Weight lifting and Cardio 4-5 times a week

Tummy Tuck Chest Reduction

+1
Congratulations again on your improvement program.  A tummy tuck can range from a straight forward to extensive procedure depending on how much we decide to do.  Prices can range from $4500 to $8500 depending upon the surgeon, extent of surgery, facilty and anesthesia fees.
In men who have sagging chests a reduction and nipple areola transposition can be performed through an incision surrounding the areola only.  Incisions and resulting highly noticeable scars across the chest should be reserved for patients with significant hanging skin.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Male Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Congratulations on all the weight loss. Unfortunately when you lose a large amount of weight you are left with some loose hanging skin. Prices vary widely based on region and surgeon experience. Based on your pictures you would need at least an abdominal lastly if not circumferential lipectomy (can't say for sure without an in person examination). I recommend that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and give you a proper assessment.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Weight loss

+1

You are at a good weight and an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Your chest looks fine and I would not recommend any surgery for it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Body contouring after weight loss

+1

Unfortunately, your tissue, esp in your tummy, has lost its elasticity and no matter how much exercise you do there, it will not contract down. Once excess skin is present, in most cases, it will involve its removal to get the best improvement. Sometimes, various non-surgical procedures may help but not usually substantially. You would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck which I usually do as an outpatient. I would suggest you visit the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons website to find a specialized plastic surgeon in your area that does these procedures on people that have lost as much weight as you.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Male tummy tuck and gynecomastia repair

+1

Based on your photos I would recommend a tummy tuck and gynecomastia repair. This can range anywhere from 8000-12000 combined, depending on where the procedure is done and the experience of the surgeon. You likely have plateaued as far as your weight loss is concerned, now you just have to remove the excess skin- which probably weighs at least 5-7 lbs. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in your area for a more in depth examination and review of your medical history.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Is It Possible for Me to Keep Toning Up and Lose Weight?

+1

The skin of the abdomen will need surgical correction to provide the most optimal contour.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight loss and Skin Excess

+1

Great job at loosing 70 pounds and gaining muscle!  It looks like you have good muscle mass and very little residual fat; you have done it all and you look great.

I understand that you don't like the loose skin though.   Unfortunately, you will not be able to tighten that skin with any amount of diet or exercise.  You are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck however, which will remove as much skin as possible.  In addition, you would benefit from liposuction just above your hips (love handle) of the little residual fat you have, and possibly consider extending the skin excision of the tummy tuck out to your sides. 

As for your chest, you would need to discuss your goals.  What I see mostly is loose skin, and not so much excess fatty or breast tissue.  Unfortunately, the incisions to tighten the chest skin are not as readily hidden.  You might have a few options though, and you might be perfectly happy just removing any residual fat and breast tissue.

Focus on finding an excellent surgeon that performs these procedures regularly.  Minimal qualifications include certification by the ABPS, and membership in the ASAPS, indicating dedication to aesthetic plastic surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

Based on your photos, I think you have done a great job so far but doubt you can lose any further significant weight, so it is a good time to consider skin reduction. Prices vary so much, that you will need to call around to some local surgeon's offices for quotes.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD