What Can Be Done for the Scar on my Top Right End of my Lip? (photo)

Four years ago I was involved in a fight the resulted the scar on my lip. My lip line looks uneven and small bump is noticeable. I'm desperate to find a solution that will remove the bump and make my lip line even again.

Lip scars and scar revision surgery

+1

Lip scars such as the one you have are responsive to scar revision techniques to improve scars and anatomic units of the upper lip. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar revision

+1

Ubfortunately all scars are permanent. Your scan can be improved with a revision. There is a small amount of excess vermillion that can be removed and the white line can be realigned.

What Can Be Done for the Scar on my Top Right End of my Lip?

+1

Best is to see a few boarded PSs in your city for IN PERSON opinions. Scar revision is the answer to improve this issue.

+1

The photos are not ideal but it does appear that you have excessive scar tissue and possible mis-alignment of the vermillion border (junction of red and white portions of the lip). For a four year old scar, the most effective treatment is typically scar revision during which the scar is cut out and the vermillion border is realigned to improve the lip line. This can be performed in the office under local anesthesia. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/scar-treatments/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip scar

+1

It's difficult to know for sure with just those pictures, but it appears that you could have a scar revision surgery to improve it.  This could make your lip more even and aligned and it would be a fairly minor surgical procedure.  I would recommend having a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this type of procedure.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.