Looking for the Best Procedure to Get Rid of Stomach, Love Handles, Inner and Outer Thigh Fat? (photo)

I had a 9lb baby 3 years ago and gained a considerable amount if weight during my pregnancy. I went from 122 to 181 and back down to 137 but am absolutely unable to get rid of my stomach, love handle, back and thigh fat. I'm 23 and 5"1 so the weight really shows more than it would for a taller person. I"m wondering what procedure would be the best fit for me. Being 23 and unable to wear fitted clothing without large amounts of fat and excess skin hanging over has taken over my life. Help?

Fat Stomach

+2

From your excellent set of pics, it looks as though a standard full tummy tuck with liposuction in the other areas of concern, will give you an excellent result.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You would be good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction.

+1

After pregnancy the abdominal skin can stretch and even after weight loss still look quite full.  The healing time is about three weeks for these procedures.  If you are planning on having more children in the near future, I would suggest proceeding with the liposuction of flanks and thighs but hold off on the abdominoplasty as the skin will stretch again with your second pregnancy.  Best.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Looking for best procedure to get rid of stomack, love handles and inner and outer thight fat?

+1

Given yor previous pregnancy and reviewing  your photos, I believe that a Tummy Tuck and liposuction of the waist, back and thighs would bbe the most appropriate surgery. But because you are only 23 years old, if you plan to get pregnant in the not distant future I would suggest holding off on the Tummy tuck. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Best Procedure to Get Rid of Stomach, Love Handles, Inner and Outer Thigh Fat?

+1

Based on the photo, the best option will be a tummy tuck, and liposuction of the love handles and thighs. A photo alone pales in value compared with an actual examination. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Looking for the Best Procedure to Get Rid of Stomach, Love Handles, Inner and Outer Thigh Fat?

+1

You would most benefit from a tummy tuck and liposuction of the abdomen/love handles/back/thighs. Give yourself 6 weeks for healing before heavy lifting. 

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Procedures

+1

I think you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction. If the love handle and lower back areas do not tighten enough after the liposuction, the skin could be resected at another time.  More than likely you will get a great result with the tummy tuck and liposuction alone.  Best of luck!

Elizabeth R. Blakemore, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

+1

First off, congratulations on becoming a mother and losing that baby weight. Unfortunately with pregnancy and weight loss, what you're usually left with is excess skin. A tummy tuck and liposuction to the love handles, back and thighs would give you the results you are looking for. With that said, my only concerns are your age and that you only have one child. You can certainly have a healthy pregnancy and baby after a tummy tuck but the results may be affected and a revision may be needed. I usually tell my patients the best time for a "mommy make-over" is when you are pretty certain you are done having children. When considering any surgery, be sure to do your research, ask to see before and after photos, and choose a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

+1

A tummy tuck coupled with liposuction of the love handles, inner thighs, and outer thighs would give you the best result.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stomach, love handles and thighs

+1

Hi Vrich.  Your pictures show excess skin, fatty tissue and abdominal wall laxity, all of which are common after pregnancy and weight fluctuations.  Your skin tone seem good, with only a few stretch marks.  In my opinion, based on these 2 pictures, you would have a nice result with an extended abdominioplasty, and thigh liposuction.  These procedures could be performed in about 4 hours, without an overnight stay.  If you are considering this operation, I suggest you see a plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon